Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:30 PM

Re: Keep Cool

Tricks I learned in Africa keep curtains closed on sunny side of house, open windows on shady side to draw in cool air. Drink plenty of water, hot tea makes you feel cooler as it raises body temperature. Run cold water on the inside of your wrists, the blood gets cooled.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tricks I learned in Africa keep curtains closed on sunny side of house, open windows on shady side to draw in cool air. Drink plenty of water, hot tea makes you feel cooler as it raises body temperature. Run cold water on the inside of your wrists, the blood gets cooled.
I haven't got a 'cool' side of the flat
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 05:10 PM

Well it's rather more cool here than I would like it to be for June. Maybe you should move over here!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 05:16 PM

I have the blinds tilting the sun away from the house but it's still warm as the house faces mostly south and west so no escaping it, really. Just had a shower and I'm cool for now - that will all change when I start the hairdryer and straighteners..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Well it's rather more cool here than I would like it to be for June. Maybe you should move over here!
Yes please
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Invest in ceiling fans i have one in the lounge, hallway and bedroom. Wouldn't be without them now.☺
Luckily I do have a ceiling fan in my lounge Doc and its a god send on warm humid/sticky evenings ...its lovely ! I could do with more though,like one in the bedroom
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
That sounds like a plan lol
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 08:46 PM

We have air con in all the rooms here, also ceiling fans but at night I prefer a table fan to blow on my head and pillow. In the daytime, if I´m around, I can always go for a dip in the pool. We´ve had temperatures up to 40C this last week and the nights haven´t been any cooler either. However the forecast says the temperatures will drop in the coming days, we will only be getting 34/36C !
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 10:05 PM

Fill a couple of empty 2 ltr pop bottles part-way with water and freeze them. Stand the bottles on a tray, to catch condensation, and position a fan behind them to blow cool air towards you. It doesn't help with the humidity, but at least the breeze off the fan is a bit cooler than usual.

You can also drink the cold water as the ice in the bottles melts.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Fill a couple of empty 2 ltr pop bottles part-way with water and freeze them. Stand the bottles on a tray, to catch condensation, and position a fan behind them to blow cool air towards you. It doesn't help with the humidity, but at least the breeze off the fan is a bit cooler than usual.

You can also drink the cold water as the ice in the bottles melts.
Its a good idea !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top