Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 09:57 AM

Re: Difference

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They probably have experienced the hard times but were able to handle it well Susan. Stress is only a problem if you let it be. The secret is all in the mind.
Don't agree with that one
So many examples where this is not the case - where you are born for example, girls of 14 'forced' to marry as one such girl on TV last night, he beat her then left her to get on with it and pregnant. She lives in a hovel - absolute hovel of a shack with filthy water outside to walk on - that's just one example, there are 'millions' of others
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Life is random Spitty, we make thousands of decisions each day, that are limited to our circumstances: Where we live, what religion we are [if any] whether we are rich or poor, if we are disabled or ill, if we work or are retired, what's the weather like, did we sleep well, are you male or female [or something in between] are you black or white [or something in between] Many things influence our perception of life.....No two people are the same. You projection is illogical Spitty....
That's all well and good, but surely some patterns are set in neural development, before a coherent decision making process based on experience has kicked in.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 12:27 PM

If we all had the same hands it would be impossible to tickle each other, ever try to tickle yourself?
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 02:48 PM

I would not have wanted the hand I was dealt to be any different. Although life has not always proved to be plain sailing for me, looking back it has all amounted to be a means to an end.

Arthur
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:04 PM

Like others, I have had really tough times as well as the good. I do think that the tough times developed my spirit and I hope made me a stronger and more confident person.

I agree that we are often dealt the same type of hand but handle it in different ways.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:07 PM

Well I wish I had been told not to play the cards I had been dealt but to be as selfish as everyone else and clamber over the shoulders to get to where I wanted to be....................perhaps not, people would not have liked me so much. But some people can be so mean in life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Well I wish I had been told not to play the cards I had been dealt but to be as selfish as everyone else and clamber over the shoulders to get to where I wanted to be....................perhaps not, people would not have liked me so much. But some people can be so mean in life.
I agree Moyra. completely !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:30 PM

You have to have the knocks in life to make you stronger
Some people just get far more than their share though
My knocks were minor compared to some
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Couldnt have put it better myself Moyra
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 05:03 PM

My mother was very fond of saying that "God helps those that help themselves". This is not a biblical saying, but roughly means that "if you make an effort to achieve something, you will be successful.

My parents proved this by making little effort and getting nowhere.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top