Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 06:55 PM

Re: Unused Words

The one I loved best of all was Les Dawson, specially when he used to talk over the fence with Roy Kinnear, couldn't get better.
They don"t seem to do those kind of comedies any more, a SHAME.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 06:59 PM

Oh so true Apricot, I loved those two, so funny.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:12 PM

I liked watching the Comedians in the 70's they all had a different look about them, Jim Bowen, Frank Carson, Mick Miller, Norman Collier, Bernard Manning, Les Dawson, Charlie Williams, Colin Crompton they were many more but i can't remember there names, but their jokes were very funny..

The man who said " The Germins " was called Stan Boardman
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I liked watching the Comedians in the 70's they all had a different look about them, Jim Bowen, Frank Carson, Mick Miller, Norman Collier, Bernard Manning, Les Dawson, Charlie Williams, Colin Crompton they were many more but i can't remember there names, but their jokes were very funny..

The man who said " The Germins " was called Stan Boardman
I think you did well to remember so many names
Yes Stan Boardman, I can see him now.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Oh yes I loved the old comedians with their greetings, you dont get any like them any more. I often call people 'Love' but you dont hear people using words like mentioned any more
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Oh yes I loved the old comedians with their greetings, you dont get any like them any more. I often call people 'Love' but you dont hear people using words like mentioned any more
I think they still do up North
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
The one I loved best of all was Les Dawson, specially when he used to talk over the fence with Roy Kinnear, couldn't get better.
They don"t seem to do those kind of comedies any more, a SHAME.

Oh yes, I agree Apricot. I used to love Les Dawson and Roy Kinnear. Do you also remember the 'fatties' version of his Tiller Girls? Were they called "The Rolly Poly's"?

BTW, what's Fabby Dabby? I've never heard that one?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Spitfire still uses ‘Bird’ for girls, I seem to remember some female member picking him up on it, actually I think it’s a nice endearment for a girl, graceful and beautiful like a bird, although I have met a few Vultures in me day too.
My mother used to use the word ‘Duck’, not as an endearment but as a warning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Spitfire still uses ‘Bird’ for girls, I seem to remember some female member picking him up on it, actually I think it’s a nice endearment for a girl, graceful and beautiful like a bird, although I have met a few Vultures in me day too.
My mother used to use the word ‘Duck’, not as an endearment but as a warning.:-D

My granddad always used to say "hello m'duck."
Bless him, he was a lovely man.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My granddad always used to say "hello m'duck."
Bless him, he was a lovely man.
My paternal grand parents used that endearment as well, Mups.

Maternal grandma addressed everyone under 25 as 'child'!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top