Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:46 PM

Re: Your Favourite Takeaway

Why do they all think people only want to eat after 5 PM ?
Maybe because that's when most of them get home from work.

Anyway, I don't have a takeaway within 5 miles and if I did I wouldn't use it because I like cooking and I like to know what I'm eating.

Occasionally when we're on hols, we'll have a poke of chips. Vinegar only, no salt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:48 PM

Hi

Living in the sticks, my nearest takeaway is 6 miles away, and absolute rubbish.

I regularly visit the coast however, and have one very special fish and chip shop, husband catches the fish, wife cooks them, absolutely ace.

Buy them in the shop, complete with mushy peas, and eat them on a bench watching the sea.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think it has to be fish and chips for me with lashings of salt and vinegar mmmm

Oops - forgot about that one - we have not only one of the best fish 'n chip shops in Sussex, but its also a restaurant too and again no more than 500 metres from my home.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/bardsleys-...chips-brighton
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Scampi & chips or Chinese for me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:54 PM

Bardsley (my local chippie) do serve some delightful fish, but my favourite (not often seen in other chippies these days) is Huss (sometimes also called rock-salmon. Its a wonderful fish and very economical too as there's only one bone in it - the backbone, so having stripped the batter from that, what's left is all fish and you don't have to worry about the bones.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oops - forgot about that one - we have not only one of the best fish 'n chip shops in Sussex, but its also a restaurant too and again no more than 500 metres from my home.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/bardsleys-...chips-brighton

Oh no it isn't. Ours is the best award winning fish and chip shop
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:56 PM

I don't have takeaways I like to know what is in my food
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't have takeaways I like to know what is in my food

I wont have a donner whatever it is supposed to be and probably isn't for that reason Meg ..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Oh no it isn't. Ours is the best award winning fish and chip shop

And where might that be darlin'???
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I wont have a donner whatever it is supposed to be and probably isn't for that reason Meg ..
When I walk past the local chip shop day or night closed or open there is always some substance on a spinning around thing.
I dread to think what is in it or how long it has been there I can't imagine eating it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top