Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:05 PM

Re: Sssh!! Whats that noise?

Just grab a heavy blunt instrument then slowly and quietly creep down the stairs, when you get to the door stop for a minute or two then let out a fierce yell "Geronimo!" and charge in holding blunt instrument shoulder high, never fails to scare off thieves, so the wife tells me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Just grab a heavy blunt instrument then slowly and quietly creep down the stairs, when you get to the door stop for a minute or two then let out a fierce yell "Geronimo!" and charge in holding blunt instrument shoulder high, never fails to scare off thieves, so the wife tells me.
Like it!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:25 PM

First of all cover your naked body in petroleum jelly (keep a tub handy *cough*) then go downstairs and beat the living daylights out of whoever might be there, preferably with something like a bat but make sure it has a sticky handle covering. The jelly will stop the intruder (s) from being able to hold onto you. Learned this approach after watching 'Charles Bronson - most violent prisoner in Britain'.

Bronson (2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172570/

This clip has lots of swearing, nakedness - aggression!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Good film by the way .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:32 PM

As a woman, I find any noise anywhere in the house, pretty scary.

Fortunately I have 2 cats (who usually alert me when odd noises occur) and a bedroom door which I lock.

I also have a landline plus cordless phones, so, in theory, if I could get my act together, I could possibly ring the police.

PLUS ... my next door neighbour is a Policeman ... and he is TALL and HUNKY and looks very fit
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
PLUS ... my next door neighbour is a Policeman ... and he is TALL and HUNKY and looks very fit
Well, in that case Rachel, you could always invent a suspicious noise, lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:15 PM

“I also have a landline plus cordless phones,” Quote Rachel.

I thought that read “I also have a landmine” and I says to meself, that’s the girl, what a splendid idea.
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Are you certain he's an actual police officer, and not a bachelorette party male stripper?

My home is the one place in the entire world where my wife and kids are always safe and protected.

So, if someone is foolish enough to come into my home, I'm coming straight at them.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:55 PM

Well the 'quote' thingie isn't working ...

YES he is a Police person of some kind.

His wife is a genuinely lovely person

Oooo Jem ... a landmine might be an alternative solution.

I do have a book about the SAS which tells me how to boobytrap my front path
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

15-10-2015, 10:05 PM

"So, if someone is foolish enough to come into my home, I'm coming straight at them." Quote Uncle Salty

I agree with you Salty, a man's duty is to protect his family and home at all costs, well it used to be.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 10:34 PM

Thanks for all your comments folks☺

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top