Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:40 PM

Re: The 5:2 Diet

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I dont ever "do" diets.....waste of time and effort in my opinion.
Just eat smaller portions of what you would normally,I really cant be fussed to calorie count ive more important things to think about in life.
If diets work for some then good for them...

I think it partly depends on the reason for sticking to a diet. I was diagnosed as borderline diabetic and if I carried on as I was I would become diabetic. I'm hoping that by keeping my carb intake low I will avoid this.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I am not a fan of 'diets' the very word implies a short term measure. People frequently find diets to arduous too stick to for any length of time and quickly abandon them .
The 5:2 diet book explains carefully that any change to your food intake is entirely voluntary. If you stop thinking about "diet" and concentrate on a "change" which is wholly your choice, you can overcome the deprivation most diets imply.

Try choosing a four week period when life is likely to be fairly stable.......... I lost 7 lbs in a four week period earlier this year - just a bit of determination.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:08 PM

Ofc if you have some medical reason that needs to be controlled by what youre eating then yes I can see why someone would eat differently.
I know someone in my family that is constantly banging on about what they eat and what we should and shouldnt be eating ,I feel like screaming sometimes at her for gods sake just SHUT UP!!! Nagging someone about what they eat is one of my biggest bug bears ,it really gets my back up!!!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:14 PM

Nagging someone about what they eat is one of my biggest bug bears ,it really gets my back up!!!
Hmmmm.......... my post refers to choice! Choice of diet, choice of which posts you read too!

Watch out for those bug bears.............and your blood pressure too - (could create a medical condition forcing you to change your diet!).

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The 5:2 diet book explains carefully that any change to your food intake is entirely voluntary. If you stop thinking about "diet" and concentrate on a "change" which is wholly your choice, you can overcome the deprivation most diets imply.

Lindy that is more or less what I do just not down to 500cal 1000cal suits me fine and I can stick to that permanently .
Lindyloo
isle of wight

23-10-2015, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lindy that is more or less what I do just not down to 500cal 1000cal suits me fine and I can stick to that permanently .
Me too Meg, but I find that a bit more effort is needed to make a difference to my weight!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Hmmmm.......... my post refers to choice! Choice of diet, choice of which posts you read too!

Watch out for those bug bears.............and your blood pressure too - (could create a medical condition forcing you to change your diet!).

Err excuse me!!! Why do you think I was referring to you when i said that??
Lindyloo
isle of wight

23-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Err excuse me!!! Why do you think I was referring to you when i said that??
You're excused!!! To answer your question - your post followed mine......... fairly obvious really!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

23-10-2015, 09:48 PM

That doesnt mean to say what I said was aimed at your post!
It wasnt in fact.
Im not sure why you jumped to that "obvious" conclusion!
I think I shall do just what you said in your previous post and choose which posts I read from now on. Specifically yours!
Meaning I shall avoid them!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

23-10-2015, 09:58 PM

I think I shall do just what you said in your previous post and choose which posts I read from now on. Specifically yours!
Meaning I shall avoid them!
Looking forward to that..............and maybe a good idea to stay on topic?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top