Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 10:00 AM

Re: Bacon?

It beggars belief really they come out with foods that are bad for us to eat almost everyday now..to my mind its all the crap and junk the food manufacturers are putting in our food before we even buy it that causes problems ,is nothing pure and simple anymore??
Sugar and salt added in vast amounts thats not needed and all the preservatives going into food ,those cant be good ,just give us the food untampered with chemicals
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:23 AM

The problem with all these issues is that research is rarely conclusive. I heard a guy on the radio yesterday talking about a huge worldwide research project which compared the incidence of cancer amongst meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, fish eaters and people who, like most of us, eat a bit of everything. This research found no significant differences in the incidence of cancer between any of these groups.
The problem is, once a theory becomes "fashionable" amongst scientists the word goes round that "the science is settled" and the new orthodoxy becomes a religion with dissenters being "deniers" - climate change and diet science are similar in this respect.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:25 PM

I saw that on the news also but the body needs protein from some animals to work.The human body is a complex machine in reality.It turns food into energy and does that in a very unique way.Too much and the machine can break down,and turn on its self.I believe a little meat and alot of vege's is key.Moderation,is the key,except when it comes to cocktails,Nirvana is just around the corner,in that situation,helps you sleep too at this stage in our lives if it ain't killed you yet,its gonna, so may as well enjoy, whatever life brings,its coming anyway in one form or another.Live Life we only got one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:37 PM

There is 'bacon' crisp and succulent, then there is the appalling apology for bacon that exudes a white watery liquid when cooked . I wouldn't be surprised at all if the latter is full of cancer causing chemicals.

I don't eat bacon that often, when I do it is dry cured local bacon which I grill a different creature entirely to the other stuff.

As others say moderation in all things but I think a lot of health problems can be laid at the door of the cocktail of chemicals many people eat these days by buying pre prepared foods .
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:50 PM

The "experts" say that there is a link because some of the cancer sufferers have eaten bacon and sausages,
They have also eaten fresh fruit, and breathed fresh air, so those must be bad for us also.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:59 PM

Some of these Scientists are Pig Ignorant.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is 'bacon' crisp and succulent, then there is the appalling apology for bacon that exudes a white watery liquid when cooked .
Now you're talking! That's the sort of bacon I remember as a child - cured and sold from the same farm where the pig led its life - no middlemen, no chemical preservatives. When I introduced my son to real bacon (not the supermarket slimy stuff) he immediately announced that bacon was the best food in the world and his favourite food was bacon, wrapped in bacon between two slices of bacon. As has been said by many
"Some people don't eat bacon for religious reasons! but I don't do religion for BACON reasons!"
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 02:31 PM

I think if you listened to all the so called experts you'd drive yourself mad. Moderation in everything, not too much processed food, lots of fruit and veg, no fags and plenty of fresh air and exercise is about as much as we can do.

Who eats fried food every day, anyway?!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Now you're talking! That's the sort of bacon I remember as a child - cured and sold from the same farm where the pig led its life - no middlemen, no chemical preservatives. When I introduced my son to real bacon (not the supermarket slimy stuff) he immediately announced that bacon was the best food in the world and his favourite food was bacon, wrapped in bacon between two slices of bacon. As has been said by many
"Some people don't eat bacon for religious reasons! but I don't do religion for BACON reasons!"
@ Mick .

Good bacon is out there, you just have to search for it. We have a couple of local farm shops who do 'the real thing'.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 04:36 PM

The World Health Organisation have stated that eating bacon increases your chances of getting cancer.

Statistics also show that not eating bacon dramatically increases your chances of blowing yourself up.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top