Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 02:48 PM

Re: The Carpenters...

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
They were and still are my favourite group. Karens voice was always so crystal clear and the backing band with Richards piano made the sound what it was. I too have every recording and this time of year I look forward to playing their Christmas album at least once a day.
One of my favourite ever Chistmas recordings " A Christmas Portait " Richard and Karen--fabulous !
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:03 AM

She was a great loss to the music world.

mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 02:21 PM

I did hear once that one of Richards daughters had a voice, just like Karens. But I would imagine that Richard would not want his daughter to follow in Karens footsteps.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I did hear once that one of Richards daughters had a voice, just like Karens. But I would imagine that Richard would not want his daughter to follow in Karens footsteps.

Fast forward to 0.49. Judge for yourself

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:01 PM

There was a programme on her last days on the box the other night.
she looked terrible .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:01 PM

I heard a Carpenters song on the radio the other day. I thought what a beautiful voice Karen had, I had never really thought about it before. She died too young, so tragic.
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 07:49 PM

I occasionally enjoy a trip down memory lane when I hear a Carpenters song. I enjoy a number of songs off of their Christmas album.

The Carpenters songs I listen to regularly are covers done by other artists. There's a 1994 album "If I Were A Carpenter" with covers by indie/alternative artists that I like a lot. My favorites from that are "Top Of The World" performed by Shonen Knife and "Calling Astronauts Of Interplanetary Craft" performed by Babes In Toyland.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top