Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Opposites Attract .......?

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Humour in a marriage is a must.
I'm sure this is right cos whenever I get undressed and ready for bed my better half always points and laughs. Still, its only been 53 years, I'm sure she cant keep it up! It's for sure I can't!!
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:37 PM

Interesting how relationships can greatly improve as we get older. I know we get more accepting, learn to laugh more. I've become more outspoken and he more easygoing. But we really do laugh more...the other day we were walking out of one of our doctor visits. Neither one of us walks so good anymore. I put my arm around him and said " Oy that we should go out dancing heeheehee", you had to be there but it was funny
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:38 PM

I don't thing there is any validity in the 'opposite attracts' thing , I have seen it work and not work.
I know many couples who are very similar with the same interests and they get along just fine
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:44 PM

Definite proof that opposites attract, my two wasbands are.

I'm nice!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Definite proof that opposites attract, my two wasbands are.

I'm nice!
Don't go for an opposite next time
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Interesting how relationships can greatly improve as we get older. I know we get more accepting, learn to laugh more. I've become more outspoken and he more easygoing. But we really do laugh more...the other day we were walking out of one of our doctor visits. Neither one of us walks so good anymore. I put my arm around him and said " Oy that we should go out dancing heeheehee", you had to be there but it was funny

Loved your post
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:57 PM

We couldn't be more opposite if she lived on Mars and me on Jupiter, even the blood groups are the complete opposite, she's got a very rare type and mine is so common garden snails are in the same group. She loves Country and Western music and I detest it, her favourite colour is red and mine is blue, she comes from a comfortable family and me from a poor one, she never smoked and I do, and on and on goes the list of differences. We get on great and always have so there must be something in the opposites attract idea, viva la difference says I.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I'm sure this is right cos whenever I get undressed and ready for bed my better half always points and laughs. Still, its only been 53 years, I'm sure she cant keep it up! It's for sure I can't!!

whatever did you mean EZ

Joking apart 53 years thats brilliant another 10 for us then
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We couldn't be more opposite if she lived on Mars and me on Jupiter, even the blood groups are the complete opposite, she's got a very rare type and mine is so common garden snails are in the same group. She loves Country and Western music and I detest it, her favourite colour is red and mine is blue, she comes from a comfortable family and me from a poor one, she never smoked and I do, and on and on goes the list of differences. We get on great and always have so there must be something in the opposites attract idea, viva la difference says I.
So good to hear Jem - could it be that you're a very tolerant man
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 07:06 AM

Oh in that first year of marriage we rowed and I walked out almost every weekend..Never got far, OH would drive me to the roundabout at Newport Pagnall and we would look at the M1 and he would ask 'London or home'

Id always say home and the row was over.
It was silly stuff, we were children squabbeling over nothing.
Although we differ on many things and opionions we agree on whats important and we come from similar backgrounds so we know why we each feel the way we do about things.

Of course compared to some we are newly weds just 34 years, but we intend to stay the course...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top