Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Re: The Bible bits they removed

And how can you see you're way out of a spiritual rebirth Realist,it was spiritual, ...no conditioning or brainwashing, .....and sure as henry i aint going to ask God to leave now am i?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well it doesn't matter to believer's what bits as you say were removed from the Bible,as it was written by man,.....and everyone interprets it their own way
Let's be clear, I'm not the one saying these "Bits" have been removed from the Bible. This is peer reviewed fact known across the theological world. So no need to shoot the messenger.

As you say though, yes, if it is all written by man then what difference does it make?

Actually it makes a huge difference because the differing accounts of historical events indicate very different things. The "missing bits" highlight and fly right in the face of some of the very foundations of the established church mantra. They raise a vital issue and provide the knowledge that all is not right with the Bible as it is, and by implication, that all is far from right with the church.

all i know is that God is alive and is a spirit that resides in me
Sigh. You say this repeatedly as if you are trying to convince me of it, as if I am somehow disputing it. I am not disputing for a second your experience or how it has changed you. What I dispute or challenge you to objectively assess is that the thing you refer to is "god" rather than something else. By that I do not mean something lesser or less amazing or less worthy. I just mean it is not wise to limit your understanding of it by the words of a book that man has given to you which itself is a concocted selective history of events. As little as you read the Bible, it is still the source of the terms god, Jesus and heaven that you cling to.

there is a lot of talk about being born again in there as well,quite interesting dont you think
Yes I do find it interesting but in different ways to you. I used to interpret that at face value in the way the church conditioned me to accept it. Now I am wiser. Now I have more information at my fingertips. I have 100s of other documents which enable me to see what it is really talking about. The bible talks in cryptic and allegorical ways and without guidance one would just blindly believe in the silly stories instead of realising and understanding the truths they actually refer to.

but to be honest you could argue about God until you are blue in the face,....i cant prove he exists,and you can't prove he doesn't exist
But I don't seek to disprove that the "something" exists. Indeed I am, even at this stage of my life, certain that this "something" does exist. It's just that I am certain it is not god as related in the bible. The truth of what it is has been hidden from us.

Realist just out of curiosity why are you so bent on trying to prove God doesn't exist?....i accept you dont believe in him
See above

but there are many who do and we praise his Holy Name,some of us have had a spiritual rebirth,we can't ever deny that
Nor should you deny it. It is a part of who we are. You simply shouldn't blindly accept the explanation of what it is from the dogma and censored scripture they have put in front of you.

so we dont really need to worry about the Bible,as we walk in faith
One can not logically or rationally claim in one breath that their experiences are due to the god of the bible and in the next breath say that you don't need to worry about the bible.
Either the bible is true or it is not. If it is not true then its god is not true. If it is true, then you are duty bound to read it and believe it's words.

not sure if you read this,but it does state in the Bible that you have to be born again to entef the Kingdom of Heaven,.....do i believe that,no i dont!.
I'm taken aback by that statement so much so that you will need to repeat it. Are you really saying that you don't have to be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If so then you clearly dispute the bible or have chosen to interpret it in an unusual way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Realist - not all believers in God, believe the Bible to be true
Its just a book written by man and I'm sure the David Icke of this world existed then, full of fanciful ideas
As for meself, I prefer the spiritual believer and that there is more to this life and hereafter, than a person guided by a book
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its just a book written by man and I'm sure the David Icke of this world existed then, full of fanciful ideas
As for meself, I prefer the spiritual believer and that there is more to this life and hereafter, than a person guided by a book

I have to agree with that,i have my own spiritual walk with God,and heaven forbid i turn out like David Icke,..i'm just a passionate believer, that somtimes gets a little to carried away at times,lol,
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Realist - not all believers in God, believe the Bible to be true. Its just a book written by man.
This makes no sense.

The very term god comes from the bible. How can you believe in god but not believe the bible from which the term comes ?

If you don't believe in the bible then at the least accept that what you do believe in can not be "god", but must be something else and surely it is worth trying to find out what that is?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-11-2015, 10:32 AM

Realist you dont know God,he is God you aren't and neither am i!....he can reveal himself how he wants,..i never read the Bible,he came to me as many others in his own way,and witnessed to us,in "HIS"! own way that he is God,.....we came from him,all of us,our spirit belongs to God,..so as i say he knows us inside out,..and some of us have a reuniting of spirits with his,....he is God,and i can't fathom him out either,and trust me i have tried,..our minds aren't capable of understanding him,..that's my opinion,..batty as it may seem to others.

and no i dont believe only BAC go to heaven,..i believe we will all be judged by him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I simply believe in God, it's enough for me
Me too I don't actually know anyone who believes in the bible completely and only people who seem obsessed with it are atheists usually on forums
Exactly.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This makes no sense.

The very term god comes from the bible. How can you believe in god but not believe the bible from which the term comes ?

If you don't believe in the bible then at the least accept that what you do believe in can not be "god", but must be something else and surely it is worth trying to find out what that is?
God is just a word Realist, a name
I believe in a higher plane and the people there would be 'God like' in other words 'Good like'
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2015, 12:22 PM

God is just a word Realist, a name
I believe in a higher plane and the people there would be 'God like' in other words 'Good like'
I disagree. There is a differentiation when you refer to the term with capitalisation. Various dictionaries will provide different definitions of the term depending on whether there is a capital "G" or not.

This is why the basic question "Do you believe in God" is so woefully inadequate and can not be easily answered. You have to define what you mean by god. i.e. tell me which God are you referring to, and what is your definition of the term God, then the question can be answered.

Equally using terms like "born again Christian" and Heaven and Holy Spirit is pretty much aligning you to the bible from whence these terms come.

If people mean something else, then they should really not refer to such terms.

For example is your "God" just a universal life source? A universal supreme being, nothing at all to do with the ruthless and somewhat genocidal God of Abraham, or God of the New Testament?

It matters.

When we use biblical terms we perpetuate the biblical mantra and conditioning that really needs to be put to rest.
We need people to understand their spiritual nature and have spiritual experiences but they need to be free to do so without the chains of biblical terminology.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Born Again,Heaven,Holy Spirit came from the Bible,....ok Realist,so explain to me having never read the Bible,before i became a BAC,how would i know about the rebrith without reading about it?....i have never read that,so how do i know i had a rebirth?...i have also died to my old self,is that in the Bible as well?..i have no idea.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top