Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 03:12 PM

Re: Now We Have To Get Rid Of ALL Gas Appliances!.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just a neat way to get everyone totally dependent on electricity which of course isn't able to cope as it is . . . . which in turn means we will then welcome lots of nuclear power stations (which are coming like it or not!).

By the same token, this whole escapade is also partly to prevent the advent of Shale Gas allowing countries to be largely self-sufficient energy-wise. It is estimated that the UK has enough Shale Gas beneath its shores to serve the country's needs for some 50-70 years. No surprise then that the people who currently supply us with energy from afar are doing all they can to subvert that eventuality from happening, organising anti-fracking campaigns and so on.

Making gas a complete No No falls neatly into their hands. It strips the British public from energy choice, ensures it can't be self-sufficient and that everyone has to pay exorbitant prices for their electricity.

Just one more assault on the population conducted in such a way as the Sheeple won't realise it's an assault. This is a war in every sense. Your rights and basic freedoms are being stripped away under the guise of "other" things which are diversionary measures (e.g. climate change). It happened in the US and it's happening here.

At what point will people stand and be counted I wonder?
I think more people are wanting Brexit these days , I know I do.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 07:04 PM

Well I'm not going to panic!

Every time on this forum I see someone quoting the Daily Mail I try to avoid the threads as much as possible.

What I do believe is this whole thing, including all the back-slapping and applause, will all quietly be forgotten when it finally dawns on our politicians that we, as a nation will never, EVER be able to meet these stringent conditions, especially while this government still rabbits on and on and on about GAS-fired Electricity Generation being "the answer".

They know damn well that the UK's Governments have dragged their feet far too long over the issue of Nuclear Power generation - about 50 years, knowing full well that coal-fired generating would become impossible and "renewables" are still at the candle-in-the-wind level.

It's just like the ageing population problem, the mass immigration problem, the deforestation problem, the over-fishing problem and so on.

We no longer have competent leaders anymore in the UK and that's probably the same across the whole world.

We are allowing ourselves to be led by imbeciles because we have nothing better so what will our grandchildren inherit?

Makes me shudder to think of it. stevmk2
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Well I'm not going to panic!

Every time on this forum I see someone quoting the Daily Mail I try to avoid the threads as much as possible.

What I do believe is this whole thing, including all the back-slapping and applause, will all quietly be forgotten when it finally dawns on our politicians that we, as a nation will never, EVER be able to meet these stringent conditions, especially while this government still rabbits on and on and on about GAS-fired Electricity Generation being "the answer".

They know damn well that the UK's Governments have dragged their feet far too long over the issue of Nuclear Power generation - about 50 years, knowing full well that coal-fired generating would become impossible and "renewables" are still at the candle-in-the-wind level.

It's just like the ageing population problem, the mass immigration problem, the deforestation problem, the over-fishing problem and so on.

We no longer have competent leaders anymore in the UK and that's probably the same across the whole world.

We are allowing ourselves to be led by imbeciles because we have nothing better so what will our grandchildren inherit?

Makes me shudder to think of it. stevmk2
In general, I mostly agree with everything you say there Steve.
It is a shame you feel so against the Daily Mail though, as I usually agree with it's content.

Now then, if we were talking about The Sun, Daily Mirror, or the Guardian rags, I would echo your sentiment.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:24 PM

Hi

I have a heat pump, an air source heat pump, quiet, unobtrusive and my total electricity bill, heating, lighting, hot water averages £43 a month, great stuff.

Mind you, my fish tanks cost me £80 a month on top of that.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes folks, following the Paris Climate Change Summit, along with EU enforcement...

Tell Sid, we're not cooking with gas anymore! RICHARD LITTLEJOHN says climate change deal signed in Paris isn't worth the paper it's written on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ritten-on.html

It has emerged that in order to meet our commitments, we will have to scrap every gas cooker, gas fire and gas boiler in Britain. No gas hobs, no gas ovens, no log-effect flames in the sitting room.

So where does that leave the 23 million British homes dependent upon gas for cooking and heating?
According the Government’s Committee on Climate Change, we can switch to heat pumps, which extract warmth from the ground and air. The only drawback is that these devices cost £12,000 a pop.

This is what happens when the bright new future of Cook, Cook, Cook, Cookability gives way to the hippy-dippy sentiment of teaching the world to sing (in perfect harmony), even if that means economic ruin and plunging Britain into darkness.
It’s enough to make you want to stick your head in a gas oven!

Probably not in your lifetime so don't worry, roughly 15 years before it could happen!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 05:03 PM

Just a thought - where does this Government granting "Fracking" Licences fit in with all this pious thou-shalt-not-burn-fossil-fuels silliness?

Are they having a feckin laugh or what?!

What we all gonna do then, rely on bloody silly windmills?

Tossers! stevmk2
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Just a thought - where does this Government granting "Fracking" Licences fit in with all this pious thou-shalt-not-burn-fossil-fuels silliness?

Are they having a feckin laugh or what?!

What we all gonna do then, rely on bloody silly windmills?

Tossers! stevmk2
Yes Steve.
It's a Feckin' disgrace.
But the government ain't making me Feckin' laugh!

And silly useless windmills don't make me laugh either!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

20-12-2015, 12:39 PM

I read a while back the accepted supply capability for power generation, in case of a large percentage increase in demand, was once over 20%.

According to the article I read recently, that's now just 2%.

There is now more likelihood of power cuts across the country now due to lack of generating capacity than at any time since the 1950s.

We were still getting regular cuts around here ten years ago but we've had four this year alone when we had none last year.

We live in Milton Keynes, probably one of the fastest growing areas of the South East so it's more than a bit worrying. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Most of the problems are long term, but our government is unable to look beyond 4 year terms and is more concerned with making money for themselves and keeping their jobs in 4 years time they don't have time to think ahead.

Perhaps we need some people who are there just to plan ahead ?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

20-12-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Most of the problems are long term, but our government is unable to look beyond 4 year terms and is more concerned with making money for themselves and keeping their jobs in 4 years time they don't have time to think ahead.

Perhaps we need some people who are there just to plan ahead ?
We used to have them Julie but the increasing rise in "short-termism" is down to politicians who indeed only think in terms of the next Parliament, so it's become 4 years on that basis.

The final months of Parliament are routinely set aside for the pre-general-election shenanigans all parties adhere to these days.

With Cameron more-or-less stating he's out in 2020 Osborne's been working on his future position as the next PM but really there is no other obvious choice of party leader at this time and, at present, no other party looking like possible contenders.

The Conservative Party regards it as a foregone conclusion that they will retain power in 2020 so the chances of a Motion of No Confidence in the Commons is pretty remote, even though the Government's working majority is so small.

The one slender glimmer of a possibility is if, God forbid, we start losing our pilots over Syria in significant number but, judging by the numbers I saw committed, it's doubtful.

The only other real trigger event could be a major Isis-style attack on British soil similar to that of Paris because the Government's proposed cuts will have a significant effect on our defence capability whether Cameron admits it or not.

It wouldn't do Osborne's future a lot of good either but unfortunately, apathy still reigns in vast areas of the country as you hear "what's the point" more often the further North you go in this country.

I know you like Corbyn Julie but he wasn't the man-of-the-moment the Labour Party needed but then, there wasn't much choice thanks to the machinations of the Blair and then the Brown "cliques".

We need an entirely new type of politician Julie - someone with balls and the guts to stand up for those that seem to have very little say in our country now but we don't need more politician who follow the party line.

If you want a parrot you go to a pet shop. stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top