Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:01 PM

Re: Corbyn insists EU Migrants should get Benefits

The more I hear , the more I want Brexit.
Reading the Newspapers many seem to be agreeing.
Let"s get out.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
There's so much hysteria on this forum!!

We're talking about IN-WORK benefits.

What he said was..If someone is working, paying taxes like anyone else, he should have access to the same benefits as everyone else,”
Mr Corbyn told the Politico website.
At last someone sees exactly what he said, and I agree with him.
Look thanks to immigrants I am still here, the doctors and nurses mostly immigrants, who came here to improve their lifestyle.
They wouldn't need to claim benefits if they were paid a good living wage.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Julie you love Jeremy???? My Gawd!
Sad ain't it
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Look thanks to immigrants I am still here, the doctors and nurses mostly immigrants, who came here to improve their lifestyle.
The Tory media twist every word he utters, they are beneath contempt.
I too would not be here if it had not been for immigrant doctors and nurses.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Hi

The reports are not just in the Tory media, it was reported by the Guardian as well as some none UK media.

We would not need to rely on immigrant doctors and nurses if we trained enough of our own.

We have plenty of youngsters well capable of doing both jobs who would love to be able to be trained.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Thank goodness for you two!
Thought I was a lone voice there!!

We're talking about people who are working, and probably working very hard...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 09:55 PM

I didn't think we were talking about the immigrants who were already settled here and making a positive benefit to the country, as they have been doing since time began. It's the fact that we are being totally overwhelmed by a tidal wave of migrants who we can not possibly hope to integrate into a country that has limited resources and the threat of collapse. Not to mention Austerity where further cuts are been made to the fabric of our society. It's not rocket science; We can't afford to give money away to people who have never paid into the system, plus the fact, once they are here we will have to give them access to the NHS and find them somewhere to live.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I didn't think we were talking about the immigrants who were already settled here and making a positive benefit to the country, as they have been doing since time began. It's the fact that we are being totally overwhelmed by a tidal wave of migrants who we can not possibly hope to integrate into a country that has limited resources and the threat of collapse. Not to mention Austerity where further cuts are been made to the fabric of our society. It's not rocket science; We can't afford to give money away to people who have never paid into the system, plus the fact, once they are here we will have to give them access to the NHS and find them somewhere to live.
When anyone from the UK emigrates to Europe they will get the benefits of that country, so why the heck should they get it coming here.
If we come out the EU you will lose this benefit.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The reports are not just in the Tory media, it was reported by the Guardian as well as some none UK media.

We would not need to rely on immigrant doctors and nurses if we trained enough of our own.

We have plenty of youngsters well capable of doing both jobs who would love to be able to be trained.

Now that bloody Osborne has scrapped the burseries paid for nurses to train, just how many uk youngsters will commit to such training, knowing that at the end of it they'll be Łthousands in debt???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now that bloody Osborne has scrapped the burseries paid for nurses to train, just how many uk youngsters will commit to such training, knowing that at the end of it they'll be Łthousands in debt???
Hi

Totally agree with you UJ, a ludicrous thing to do.

We have severe skills shortages here in the UK, we should dump tuition fees for our own youngsters in these areas,and train them for nothing.

We are letting our kids down.

Years ago, we used to train youngsters in my job, and pay them whilst they were training.

The only stipulation being that they had to work for us for 3 years after qualification, then they were free to go.

A very sensible system.

It meant on the job training, block release for college and at the end of 4 years we had someone useful, with no debts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top