Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Re: The last Downton

I watched it this afternoon. The way they left it, they could do other series, though the plots were pretty well tied up & finished, there is scope for more. Real shame they aren't going to though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Very sad to see it end, lovely last episode though didn't the bride look lovely !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 09:59 PM

I found the whole thing a really entertaining series. It was a really pleasant change to watch something with no swearing, no crudity, and without numerous people starkers or humping each other.

Just goes to show it can still be done with the right writer. 10/10 Downton.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 11:28 AM

I haven't seen it yet as I am overseas .
Something to look forward to when I get home .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 12:06 PM

I read somewhere, that it had the highest viewing figures of any drama for over a decade.

Julian Fellows wanted to go out on a high, and not keep running the series till it began to lose popularity apparently.
He certainly succeeded.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:38 PM

I am being very silly, I have watched 30 minutes of this last episode but I am putting off watching the rest of it as then that will be the end.

Will have to watch it this weekend because there is every chance I will hear what happened.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:23 PM

Not if you keep the recording, Shirley, then even though not the very first time you have seen it, you can watch it over & over again.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Often the Xmas specials have been better than the series - this was the case in the finale which was very enjoyable. I thought several of the series were boring, dull and miserable - but the last one was not too bad.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read somewhere, that it had the highest viewing figures of any drama for over a decade.

Julian Fellows wanted to go out on a high, and not keep running the series till it began to lose popularity apparently.
He certainly succeeded.
Very sensible!

I wish more them did the same instead of becoming dreary cliched rubbish. "Last of the Summer Wine" for example - was brilliant for the first three or four series, but it gradually went off. Then, as more of the actors died off, it degenerated into something dreadful - an insult, really, to the original cast.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not if you keep the recording, Shirley, then even though not the very first time you have seen it, you can watch it over & over again.
Do you know Tiffany I did think of that afterwards, so silly, I am going to sit down and watch it this weekend, when I have got peace and quiet and can take it all in with a smile on my face. So loved this programme.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top