Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 07:45 PM

Re: Rules

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For heaven's sake Malcolm haven't we all heard enough about rules in the last couple of days .

Even when a few simple rules are written at the top of a thread on how to vote for a rule change, some of those members who want more rules fail to read them and break the rules

I have got rules coming out of my ears
Agree there Meg, why do these constant whingers not just shut the xxxx up.

The Forum has about 20 regular posters who want to run the place and a membership of several hundred who never post , I wonder why?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Well I think that we have all learned a lesson here, including Azz, about more forum rules, when people were not even prepared to stick to the rules governing the threads about possibly changing the rules.
People will always ignore them and break them, I suppose it must seem like a challenge to some.
In my village we have more than our fair share of speeding motorists, who refused to stick to the 30mph rule....so what did the council do ? ..... They scrapped the 30mph signs and replaced them with 20mph signs !!
Now... if people were not prepared to stick to the 30mph limit why on earth did the council think those people would obey a 20mph limit ? Crazy or what !
On the assumption that people will actually keep to 30MPH if the limit is set to 20?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Well I think that we have all learned a lesson here, including Azz, about more forum rules, when people were not even prepared to stick to the rules governing the threads about possibly changing the rules.
People will always ignore them and break them, I suppose it must seem like a challenge to some.
In my village we have more than our fair share of speeding motorists, who refused to stick to the 30mph rule....so what did the council do ? ..... They scrapped the 30mph signs and replaced them with 20mph signs !!
Now... if people were not prepared to stick to the 30mph limit why on earth did the council think those people would obey a 20mph limit ? Crazy or what !

deleted . .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->

The Forum has about 20 regular posters who want to run the place
Get your facts straight Duke.

I'm a regular poster but I have no wish to run the place - nor have any of my friends on here..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Get your facts straight Duke.

I'm a regular poster but I have no wish to run the place - nor have any of my friends on here..

I'll second that Carol.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 12:18 AM

Some folk just like stirring..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top