Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 09:09 PM

Re: Winter Vegetables

Well, I started reading and I thought Cabbage Onions, I've never even seen those. Then, Broccoli Garlic?! What's that??? Then the penny dropped. Lol. It's been a hard day ...

Quick edit: I had roast parsnips today, lovely, too ...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
Well, I started reading and I thought Cabbage Onions, I've never even seen those. Then, Broccoli Garlic?! What's that??? Then the penny dropped. Lol. It's been a hard day ...

Quick edit: I had roast parsnips today, lovely, too ...
Must admit I thought that too Sil lol then it dawned on me lol
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:04 PM

Me too!!
Duh!!!

Anyone a fan of aubergines?
I've never really found a use for them, think they're rather overrated.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:07 PM

Cant say ive ever eaten one in my whole life
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Remember ratatouille???
Never hear of it now.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Me too!!
Duh!!!

Yes, I make moussaka using aubergines and very nice too. Almost like lasagne but with aubergine instead of pasta and we had ratatouille for dinner last night with fish and mash. It saves having to make a white sauce.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Me too!!
Duh!!!

Ruthio I make an oven roasted vegetable lasagne with aubergines (all the vegetables are sliced very thinly and spread on a baking sheet to roast before being included in the lasagne )
I also make aubergine crisps the same way they, are not really crisp but smokey tasting and delicious
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Yes, I make moussaka using aubergines and very nice too. Almost like lasagne but with aubergine instead of pasta and we had ratatouille for dinner last night with fish and mash. It saves having to make a white sauce.
Me too the moussaka that is.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

09-01-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ruthio I make an oven roasted vegetable lasagne with aubergines (all the vegetables are sliced very thinly and spread on a baking sheet to roast before being included in the lasagne )
I also make aubergine crisps the same way they, are not really crisp but smokey tasting and delicious
Some great ideas!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Following on from the Cauliflower Cheese post, I would like submit vegetables that are maybe not used so much these days. [don"t know what they are missing]

Cabbage Onions
Broccoli Garlic
Carrots Aubergine
Turnips Leeks
Cauliflower Brussels
Celeriac Parsnips
Swede Potatoes

These are all lovely vegetables and if cooked properly make good satisfying and filling food to warm the core on cold days.
Still suppose "Iceland" rules these days with quick ready to heat meals.
So be it .
Love all of the above apart from Celeriac - cannot stand the taste.
I have a few alternative Brussels recipes
Iceland is a no no. Buy fresh and eat better.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top