Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Re: Arrogance

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Feelings of inadequacy can often make people appear arrogant.
A lot of it is bravado ... so just nod, smile and walk away. No point in challenging them.
That's what I think Rachel and possibly a need to appear to have supremacy over others.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That's what I think Rachel and possibly a need to appear to have supremacy over others.
And mere fleas in their jumpers. Other posters are mere fleas, gosh a chap would need to be well up his own to post that
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:45 AM

You can smile at pompous arrogant people because they don't realise how silly they look or sound. It's pushy people that are irritating, more so when it is done deliberately
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:49 AM

I shall probably get into trouble for this but arrogance seems to be more of a male trait than female.

Too much testosterone and a puffing out of chests perhaps leading to arrogance ..

>>>>>runs to hide
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Two types of arrogance I find. First ,feigned arrogance from folks who actually (& wrongly) feel inferior. Second, intrinsic arrogance from individuals who believe they are superior.

It's interesting that although we are possessed of many qualities, some stand out above all others & eclipse more positive attributes.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I shall probably get into trouble for this but arrogance seems to be more of a male trait than female.

Too much testosterone and a puffing out of chests perhaps leading to arrogance ..

>>>>>runs to hide
Yes Meg, but the female replaces it with bitchy-ness.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

>>>>>runs to hide
Meg, as a matter of interest, I had males in my mind when I typed my last post.

I spent 30 years in commerce and invariably found women to be more effective in business than men. In fact all my right hand men were women.

I don't plan to run, I can't........
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:07 PM

Not an admirable quality, and usually stems from their own feelings of inferiority. They seem to be blind to their own short comings and have an inflated view of their own importance.

There is someone like that where I work and to be honest I don't think anyone would throw a cup of water on them if they were on fire.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:18 PM

It takes all kinds of people to make this world such an interesting place. Sometimes when you cut through the bovine excreta they are not such bad people after all.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:22 PM

Small peony men tend to be arrogant. LIke Hitler, Napoleon and Mussolini. Works for awhile but they all fail at the end. With the exception of Raul and Fidel Castro whose arrogance has dominated an island and a people for over 50 years with no end in sight

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top