Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 01:45 AM

Re: The Happiest Age

I am very happy at this time of my life and I think it's because, I don't care a damn about anything!

(I apologise if that's classed as swearing!)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
According to the Office of National Statistics, people are at their happiest time of life between 65 and 79 years old.

Would you agree with that?
I am in that bracket and am very content with my lot but I am not sure that it is the happiest time of my life I had some pretty great times in my 30s too!

Actually when I think back I can't complain about anything except teenage angst.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 02:27 AM

I'll let you know IF I make 65.

At the moment life is a bit hectic(paying me ex off) so not that enjoyable though it has it's good times.

I've lived a good life and cannot grumble but I'm looking forward to slowing down a bit and taking time to do the things I want.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 07:38 AM

So far it would be 15 to 21 for me, the age i got independence and the freedom to enjoy it. No responsibilities and good health.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 07:47 AM

I am a very even person and rarely experience the bi-polarity of happiness and unhappiness.
I am certainly content with my life and my lifestyle....my biggest problem is 'worrying' !
When things go wrong in the slightest way, I worry, it is time-consuming and serves no purpose I know but it is hard to change the habits of a lifetime.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:39 AM

I am quite happy and content as I enter early old age.
Just so long as I can stay reasonably fit and carry on enjoying life as I do now...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:43 AM

Oh yes this is the happiest and most comfortable time for me . I'm semi retired , and life has less pressures . I've done with worrying and fretting about life . I know who I am . I can live on my own , don't get lonely . Yep , it's the best time for me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:53 AM

My happiest times were as a teenager - now, not happy
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:55 AM

Since my late fifties I seem to have entered Nirvana. All the angst just seems to have fallen away and been replaced by contentment. It's nice, long may it continue.

I can make no sense of it but I have said several times this last third is the best.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:01 AM

I'm very happy and, as long as my (and OHs) health holds I can only really see us being the same or even happier. As others have said, no mortgage, no worries about children, the joy of grandchildren etc. And as others have said and which is so totally, absolutely, wonderful - not having anyone telling you what to do, no deadlines to meet, people you'd rather not know to be polite to ... freedom! Now I know why I spent all those years on the working treadmill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top