Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:04 PM

Re: Do You Ever See Strangers You Wish You Could Help ...

Menopause?
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Menopause?
Now that is funny I should have guessed lol
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Now that is funny I should have guessed lol
I am surprised, Venus, that you (being female) would consider it "funny". Well OK ... I think it's funny too. But not really.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Psychotic episode - and yes, I feel sorry for her.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-02-2016, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Psychotic episode - and yes, I feel sorry for her.
Thank God! I was afraid I was the only humanitarian amongst us.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 03:58 PM

Well of course I feel sorry for her. But there's nothing you can do for someone like that except take them away and get them evaluated. I mean, honestly, if you were standing there at that moment, what would you have done? I'd be afraid of her attacking me, to be truthful about it.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Well of course I feel sorry for her. But there's nothing you can do for someone like that except take them away and get them evaluated. I mean, honestly, if you were standing there at that moment, what would you have done? I'd be afraid of her attacking me, to be truthful about it.
what would you have done?
I would have comforted her. Asked if she's experiencing pain or anguish. Would she like to sit, lie, stand. Have a little walk-around with support? If she remembers when the trouble started. Did she arrive by foot? By automoblie? Has it happened before? If so, does she have some sort of medication I could help her with? Would she like for me to hold her or give her space? Is there someone she'd like for me to contact? There are so many things one can do for a person who's so confused. Some of those questions might seem obvious but it doesn't really matter. She needed to focus on something other than her seemingly (from her point of view) uncontrollable frenzy and she clearly wasn't able to do that without assistance. Standing around her wringing your hands with a worried look on your face is no good to anyone.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
I would have comforted her. Asked if she's experiencing pain or anguish. Would she like to sit, lie, stand. Have a little walk-around with support? If she remembers when the trouble started. Did she arrive by foot? By automoblie? Has it happened before? If so, does she have some sort of medication I could help her with? Would she like for me to hold her or give her space? Is there someone she'd like for me to contact? There are so many things one can do for a person who's so confused. Some of those questions might seem obvious but it doesn't really matter. She needed to focus on something other than her seemingly (from her point of view) uncontrollable frenzy and she clearly wasn't able to do that without assistance. Standing around her wringing your hands with a worried look on your face is no good to anyone.
Well, I admire your bravery, but she didn't look very approachable to me. I most likely would have just let the police handle it.

She was either seriously mentally disturbed or she was one hell of an actress.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-02-2016, 07:53 PM

..... she didn't look very approachable to me. .....
It's interesting how people draw different conclusions. I was moved by her words, "What is happening to me?" I consider that a cry for help. I wouldn't have hesitated to get close and ask her what I could do to assist her. Her behaviour doesn't frighten me in the least. She might have put her fist through my nose (I suppose) but then it would be a question of restraining her (don't think so) or stepping back and waiting for an ambulance. That woman really did need help and she didn't outwardly threaten anyone.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 08:53 PM

IMO this person did need help and I believe the best way to do that would be to call for a doctor/ambulance and get her hospitalised. She needed to be in a place of safety and given appropriate treatment. Although not knowing any details - I wonder if the treatment would be to hospitalise and tranquilise her - then she could sleep it off under close observation by professionals. IMO she was in no state to be left by herself, or to help herself and, therefore, she needed help/intervention from others with experience.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top