Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:39 PM

Re: We'll all live like milionaires by 2050

We might be living like millionaires but todays billionaires will be living like trillionaires, probably on another, climate-controlled planet .....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-9326532.html

If you were profligate enough to spend a million dollars a day it would still take you 2,739 years to burn through a trillion dollars. It's that much money.

The owner of such a sum would be wealth enough to give out $140 to everyone on the planet, or – if the whim took them - buy the entirety of central London at today’s real estate prices.

As the annual Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse said last year: “Two generations ahead, future extrapolation of current wealth growth rates yields almost a billion millionaires, equivalent to 20 per cent of the total adult population.

“If this scenario unfolds, then billionaires will be commonplace, and there are likely to be a few trillionaires too, eleven according to our best estimate.”
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Good point.

The report author was challenged on inequality in the radio interview and said that he didn't see the gap disappearing but that it would not matter as even those on the bottom rungs would be living very comfortable lives

I don't know. Bread and circuses maybe?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Oh yes, everyone would be working from home ...

The only way we'll be living like millionaires here is if all the nasty dirty work we don't want to do is done half the world away, much of it by children who hardly get any schooling.
Oh please spare us the constant guilt trips.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:07 PM

Missing out all the "green" mumbo I agree with him.
If you look at what our parents had then WE are living like millionaires of their day.

Even those on benefits live better than my Gran did and have more disposable cash.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Good point.

The report author was challenged on inequality in the radio interview and said that he didn't see the gap disappearing but that it would not matter as even those on the bottom rungs would be living very comfortable lives.
That's what I keep telling the more complacent of my friends. They think they are well off now because they were brought up in (post-war) poverty. They cannot see chasm between the "working" class and the parasites that live off other people's money.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top