Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:00 PM

Re: The Great British Benefits Handout: Viewers Urge RSPCA To Intervene

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If a disabled person would rather feed a pet, that gives them companionship and makes their lives a little better, than feed themselves that's up to them!
I don't agree with anybody keeping exotic pets at all,whether on benefits or not.
Definitely NOT. If the twits don't feed themselves they will end up in hospital at tax payer's expense! Pets are a luxury which you should only have if you can afford to own them!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:06 PM

I hope you never become poor, you might have to eat your words!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hope you never become poor, you might have to eat your words!
I wouldn't be stupid enough to own any flipping pets, if I couldn't afford to look after myself!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:18 PM

What if you became redundant without warning, became disabled, without warning?
What if you'd never worked a day in your life and inherited wealth and suddenly someone took your ponies away and you couldn't go hunting wild creatures again?
People who are on benefits are not all scroungers, they could be unlucky taxpayers!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:20 PM

People have always had pets even in the poorest of times. The problem is now, that people are made to feel that animals should be treated as well if not better than humans and their every whim indulged. I fully agree that animals should be given the best available, both food and health care, besides lots of love. Now lots of love comes free. And I believe if an animal has a health problem you can get some free help and advice.
Food on the other hand needs to be bought and if you cannot afford to feed it to a level were the animal maintains it's health, then in my opinion you should not even consider owning a pet. It would be selfish to do so, in my opinion.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:33 PM

This should have been the begining of the above post.
Television companies, making these kind of programmes are irresponsible. They are interfering, for a short time, into the lives of people who have probably never had much money. Some will of course be unable to resist what they have craved for and will go on a spending spree. It like letting kids have free reign in a sweet shop.
Problem is these poor animals will suffer as a consequence.
As some one said, there should be guide lines but then no one would be outraged so the programme would not get many viewers, probably.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-02-2016, 04:41 PM

Exactly!
It reminds me of the old "freak show" unfortunate people put on display for people to ridicule.
People should be grateful for what they're have got not resent those who have very little.
Makes me sick.
They should not have allowed animals to be involved.
It would have been better to have advisors showing what could be done to improve their lives with a bit of guidance.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-02-2016, 06:09 PM

I don't think many people who buy these exotic pets know how to feed them. For example, stick insects have to live on a certain type of tree or plant.
A willow I think...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-02-2016, 06:14 PM

...or are they always poisonous?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-02-2016, 06:17 PM

I mean the tree not the insect of course, just incase of confusion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top