Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:54 AM

Re: William

Originally Posted by carol ->
He's Royalty - he doesn't have to work does he?

The fact that he chooses to work must be in his favour. I don't think he's lazy. The Newspapers will publish anything to sell their papers.
True.
Most people couldn't care less what he does.
Must be a slow day at the DM
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Leave him alone I say he has worked and I am sure will again if he wants a big of time with his young family now it's fine by me.
Absolutely there are so many young fathers like him taking it easy -enjoying their young families.

Actually there are not .
Most young fathers are run ragged trying to support their families .
Most have a horrendous mortgage hanging over their heads and juggle home and family as their wife may have to work too.
Not a problem for William Wales
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:07 AM

He is not a search and rescue pilot.
If you read my post properly you'd see I never said or inferred he was better than anyone else. I said he had balls, as for being braver than mere mortals, not many would choose an occupation that required a willingness to risk their lives

What I said was he risks his life to save others, more so when he was search and rescue.
Flying in adverse weather conditions is hazardous, do you not think these pilots risk their lives, as do the other crew members?
Hovering a helo so close to rocks, boats, ships isn't exactly easy.
Ok, his flying is less hazardous now but he still has to contend with landing in restricted spaces, navigate obstacles etc.
The flying he does and has done is far more difficult than any other.

They don't have to do the jobs they chose, they needn't risk their wellbeing so why not cut them some slack.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 02:27 AM

Ok hes not a search and rescue pilot he was a search and rescue pilot.

My mistake

Now he drives an air ambulance.

You are right he doesn't need to do the job he does he could give it up and let someone who needs a job do it.

I really don't care one way or the other .
Its not my topic i am just commenting.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Should he, at this time in his life , be allowed to enjoy his young family , in his time off from the Air Ambulance ?
Some of the papers are saying he is lazy .
I think some people need to get a life lol He works, he is on time off from Air Ambulance, so why can't or shouldn't he enjoy his family for a while ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

You are right he doesn't need to do the job he does he could give it up and let someone who needs a job do it.
That one doesn't work on this occasion.
There aren't many helicopter pilots on the dole, and if they were it'd mean they're not very good, not an ideal candidate for the job.

Apparently he gives his wages to charity but hey, why not, he can afford it and much much more, hell why not throw in his Royal allowance too.

Try again, any other criticisms you can think of without sounding bitter and/or jealous?
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:48 AM

"You are right he doesn't need to do the job he does he could give it up and let someone who needs a job do it."

If he didn't have a job, people would say he was completely lazy, he works and some say he is taking jobs away from others. He can't please everyone lol and someone will always complain.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That one doesn't work on this occasion.
There aren't many helicopter pilots on the dole, and if they were it'd mean they're not very good.

Apparently he gives his wages to charity but hey, why not, he can afford it and much much more, hell why not throw in his Royal allowance too.

Try again, any other criticisms you can think of without sounding bitter and/or jealous?
Kindly cease with the snide comments
I am not bitter or jealous of Prince William
I am contributing to a topic

You may want a thread gushing with sycophantic crap others don't .

You have absolutely no idea how many helicopter pilots are on the dole nor do I .
Its quite difficult to get on a course to be a helicopter pilot .
You are either chosen in the forces or you pay for it privately.
Most helicopter pilots have to have both physical and academic aptitude even so not everyone is suitable.
This somewhat limits being a helicopter pilot.
Of course these limits don't mean anything if you have wealth and connections.

These are facts not criticisms
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
"You are right he doesn't need to do the job he does he could give it up and let someone who needs a job do it."

If he didn't have a job, people would say he was completely lazy, he works and some say he is taking jobs away from others. He can't please everyone lol and someone will always complain.
Who would ?
Most sensible people couldn't give a monkeys.
I would not say hes lazy but he doesnt work like others work this is quite different.
Most people just cant take time off when ever they want too.
That's fine with me I dont care enough to object there has to be some perks in being the grandson of the Queen.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 03:18 AM

Stop making snide remarks?
Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

Your usual response to those that disagree or have opposing opinions.
The more they disagree the more aggressive and rude your replies become.

Anyway, I said you sound bitter, not you are bitter.

Ps, can you please not edit your posts nearly 25 minutes after posting it can be misleading.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top