Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Re: OK I am a killjoy

yes it can get scarey kids and dogs' but with young and i mean young; they can pull a dog around -far to much 'it only needs one bite then it all blows up
and ofc the dog gets the blame -it could be having a off day ' so i say no give it toys to play with -
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 07:17 PM

Ears can be cuddled,tummies can be rubbed with discretion and tails wag-but never pull the tail
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Our dogs were not toys, and were kept well out of the way of the children when they were small. They were never permitted in the family area.

How sad.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 10:01 PM

My brother bred English Mastiffs and they had three of their own. My SIL in the same family bred Maltese Terriers and also had three which lived indoors. Their two young children were never allowed near the pet English Mastiff's ever unless Dad was with them, even though they were as soft as putty, no chance was ever taken. The same applied to the Maltese Terriers.
They were never left alone with any of the dogs, Ever!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How sad.
Yeah, I couldn't do that either. My dogs *are* part of the family. The only place they're not allowed is on my brand new couch because my mini Dachshund (I have 3 Dachshunds) has this awful habit of pooping on the couch when he gets up there, LOL. I have no idea what's up with that, but no new couch for the doggies. They're allowed on the couch in the family room, though. Plus my mini Dachsie sleeps with me every night. He has to be right up against me, or at least at my feet, or he's not happy.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 10:55 PM

Youngsters should always be supervised around any dog, no matter how well-behaved it may be.
It only takes one second for something to go wrong.

Our boys are family also - currently two of them are on the couch snoozing away! Life's good!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 11:02 PM

Ive always had dogs and Ive had three children. My children were taught to respect the dog.
We have never had a bite incident with our children.

There are currently so many of these child with dog clips going around and some of them are really scarey with people saying things like 'look at buster smile' 'Buster' is in full snarl and about to take the kids face off but the parents seem oblivious and heaven help you if you say anything because then they get really nasty ..

How dare you tell them how to raise a child or dog or both... Dont you know Buster always smiles like this when they play?

Sadly stupidity isnt against the law.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 11:04 PM

The word here is `respect`
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Ive always had dogs and Ive had three children. My children were taught to respect the dog.
We have never had a bite incident with our children.

There are currently so many of these child with dog clips going around and some of them are really scarey with people saying things like 'look at buster smile' 'Buster' is in full snarl and about to take the kids face off but the parents seem oblivious and heaven help you if you say anything because then they get really nasty ..

How dare you tell them how to raise a child or dog or both... Dont you know Buster always smiles like this when they play?

Sadly stupidity isnt against the law.
Amen to that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 01:02 AM

One thing that really annoys me is when parents sit their child on the poor dogs back like its a flippin' pony. Their spines are not designed to take weight like that. The adults should know that.

The things some family pets are expected to put up with makes me mad.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top