Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:17 AM

Re: Dog Poo Woes

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would be tempted to shovel it up and post it through his letter box!
Me too.

He'll know who it was, as I'm sure he knew it was you banging on his door.
However, a better tactic might have been not to go round to reprimand him, or even let him see you at your window.

If he came home one day to find a pile of his own dog's poo gracing his hall behind the letterbox, he wouldn't know which neighbour had returned his goods to him. Consequently, he might avoid letting his dog poo on anyone's doorstep.

This sort of irresponsible dog owner only understands one language.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:31 AM

Try to take a photo of them in action and post it on local FB or Streetlife.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:33 AM

When I go to the nature reserve with Chloe and Rupert puppy I have a pocket full of doggy bags.
The place is full of dog poo which really annoys me. If I see anyone with a pooing dog I rush up and give them a bag and smile and say 'I have a pocket full of bags do you want one' .

One day I took my grandchildren there for a picnic and a women with 5 dogs off lead appeared, one dog jumped all over the blanket where the children were eating and another pooed right next to us . The woman was some distance away on the main path and made a half-hearted attempt to call the dogs back then just walked off and they eventually followed
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:45 AM

I see this all the time Meg. It's owners like that who get others a bad name.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Me too.

He'll know who it was, as I'm sure he knew it was you banging on his door.
However, a better tactic might have been not to go round to reprimand him, or even let him see you at your window.

If he came home one day to find a pile of his own dog's poo gracing his hall behind the letterbox, he wouldn't know which neighbour had returned his goods to him. Consequently, he might avoid letting his dog poo on anyone's doorstep.

This sort of irresponsible dog owner only understands one language.
That would have been the best way JBR. As usual though I was fuming and couldn't think logically.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top