Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Re: Birthdays

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree with you Mags, but i don't think it is just to keep up with the Jones's. I also believe it is parents wanting to win their child's love, by giving them what they want. The best thing you can ever give you child is your time and, although they may not appreciate it at the time, they will when they look back and realize what that time gave them.
I quite agree. I didn't have everything when growing up but I did ok. What my parents did give me was their time. Even when I was a teenager, my friends couldn't understand why I still enjoyed spending time with my mum and dad.

My dad also taught me lots of practical things and I have grown up being able to turn my hand to almost anything. He is approaching his eighties now but I still ask for his advice regarding building or decorating or whatever the problem might be.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I quite agree. I didn't have everything when growing up but I did ok. What my parents did give me was their time. Even when I was a teenager, my friends couldn't understand why I still enjoyed spending time with my mum and dad.

My dad also taught me lots of practical things and I have grown up being able to turn my hand to almost anything. He is approaching his eighties now but I still ask for his advice regarding building or decorating or whatever the problem might be.
Didn't you realize that he was doing that in the hope that some young lady would take you off his hands?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Didn't you realize that he was doing that in the hope that some young lady would take you off his hands?
It worked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top