Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: Podiatry yesterday.

Nom re your PIP claim, there's a post on DWP thread I put earlier.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im under The diabetic podiatry dept GL, at my local Diabetic centre. Been out and bought the Tea Tree oil and some rock salt will give it ago later.

It will be the first time since May last year i will have submersed it in water.

I hope it will be alright, did they say you can do that Nom? I just ask because didn't you say recently that you're not supposed to get it wet?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:10 PM

To think a paper cut led to gangrene and amputation of toes and part of my foot. This in turn has badly affected my balance, ive had several falls two of which saw me back in hospital once with pre hyperthermia.
Blimey Nom, I had no idea you were having these health problems. And all from a paper cut ? I'm gobsmacked. You poor thing, I really do feel for you.

I can't offer any help or advice but just wanted to wish you well and hope the tea tree oil helps.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:19 PM

As im diabetic i dont heal as well as i used too, just have to be patient.
And as a diabetic, you have to be extra careful what you use.

Don't use anything without checking with the care team first.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 11:15 PM

Nom if you're serious about using TeaTree oil be careful.
Get good quality 100% pure, only use a few drops mixed in a blob of bland cream, massage in gently, once a day. OR use a few drops in a wash (mixed in a little water) once a day...use a cotton wool pad for this.

The wound needs to be dry before you do this.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 03:22 AM

Thanks again folks, i have discussed things with my podiatry nurse, and i will only put a couple of drops of oil in my footbath along with the salt. I will do this before each change of dressing usually every 4 days.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 05:30 AM

Hope it works Nom!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 06:10 AM

Hi Nom, I am also diabetic but the only problem I have with my feet is that the skin gets exceptionally dry. As long as your wound isn't healing, please keep a close check on your blood sugars because an open wound is easily available to accept further infections.... so make sure you don't take any risks with it.
I have been diabetic for over 30 years (type 1) so I am a bit of an expert on the problems it can cause. Just be aware that, if you don't look after it properly, they may send me over to look after you.....and you wouldn't like that would you?

Here is a hug to make you feel better
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 06:32 AM

Thanks and good morning Tess and Twink, im sitting here with my sore paw in a warm footbath, bliss.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 07:49 AM

Thanks and good morning Tess and Twink, im sitting here with my sore paw in a warm footbath, bliss.
First, foot baths should be no more than 5 mins... so don't sit there for half an hour... I hope your podiatrist has told you that.
Second, when you are suffering there are a bunch of us who suffer too, because we would really miss you if you couldn't get online and make us smile.
Third, you are a typical man who thinks he doesn't need any help.... but if you don't get some you will have an army of lady OFFers who will be heading north to sort you out.
Now that should give you good reason to look after yourself as well as possible.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top