Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 10:05 PM

Re: Weather you like it or not!

Did she have an electrifying personality?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Did she have an electrifying personality?
She certainly did a good job producing this little live wire!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 10:44 PM

You're certainly a live wire ..
Do you have brothers and sisters called Neutral and Earth?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 10:53 PM

JBR have you thought of erecting a lightning conductor on your roof to draw it nearer for a real close encounter
Already there, Morty.

The conductor goes straight down into my crypt, through some interesting electrical gadgets (Jacob's ladders, Tesla coils, etc.), and onwards to the collection of parts of various corpses that I have cunningly stitched together. Just waiting for a suitably big cumulonimbus now and I shall be able to create life!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

27-05-2016, 10:58 PM

You're not a Homer lookalike at all are you .. Herman. (Munster).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 11:22 PM

You're not a Homer lookalike at all are you .. Herman. (Munster).
Some say I bear a passing resemblance to Christopher Lee.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 11:23 PM

Did you know that across the globe there are hundreds, thousands of little lightning bolts happening every second?

This is actually free energy.

If you take a metal plate, say copper, which is say 1 meter square and attach a cable to it and fix that plate somewhere high up like near the roof of your house, then connect the cable to a voltage meter and the other terminal to a cable in the ground to earth it, the voltage meter will show power.

This energy is all around us because of the Earths electromagnetic field and all those constant lightning bolts.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

27-05-2016, 11:28 PM

Realist ... for some reason ..reading your post made me think of those old Ready Brek TV adverts where the kids glowed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-05-2016, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Did you know that across the globe there are hundreds, thousands of little lightning bolts happening every second?

This is actually free energy.

If you take a metal plate, say copper, which is say 1 meter square and attach a cable to it and fix that plate somewhere high up like near the roof of your house, then connect the cable to a voltage meter and the other terminal to a cable in the ground to earth it, the voltage meter will show power.

This energy is all around us because of the Earths electromagnetic field and all those constant lightning bolts.
A lovely thought but, unfortunately, no-one has yet developed a method of storing all that energy. The potential difference is just too high.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We've had a terrific thunderstorm here in The Land of the Swamp People (Somerset). The lightning was so close it made me jump and it was followed by huge thunderclap like I haven't heard since Africa!
Anyway, a friend of mine sent a link on FB so I could watch the lightening in real time on a map!
If you're interested it is called www.lightningmaps.org.
I of course thanked him kindly for showing me that it was right above my house! Duh!
That's odd, Tess. I only live about 14 miles from Somerset and the weather here was fine??

Oh - - -wait a minute - - - I was talking about my neighboring town of Somerset in the US. My mistake.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top