Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 07:40 PM

Re: Should MP's Have More Security?

What is the point of power if you have to do all the work? Get your minions to do it - walking about chatting to the morons, etc. I would rather stay indoors playing with my computer or something.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:47 PM

It may be a risk MPs have to take but I feel for the people working for them in their constituencies.

Some things could be made safer, mp surgeries for instance could be appointment only and held in safer places than libraries !

Round here a young lady was injured canvassing for labour, again easy to prevent if they went round in larger groups not alone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
MP's Surgery openings should be accounted for, and it is true there are a number of dishonest MP's from all Parties, who do not give value for money.

There are also dishonest peoplei in other walks of live as well.
Andrew Mckay was the most dishonest MP in the expenses scandel - He and his wife ( also an MP used everytrick in the book to rip of the taxpayers)

- all this and he refused to hold a surgery.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I think it's more a case of they're as vulnerable as any high profile figure or celebrity who might, sadly, draw the attention of a nutcase or ill wisher.
Yes I agree with that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top