Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 06:36 AM

Re: We Really Do Need Men! Don't We?

Yes, a question that can bring responses from as many men as women. Maybe because men can feel the same way about women.

Personally, I do need a partner ..but only the one I have at present. If she wasn't around, I'm too old and wise to have a fling or look for a more permanent relationship. Life on my own might be difficult at first but like so many who have had to do the same, I'd handle it.

I'm far to 'past it' to be much of a catch now anyway. It's almost a relief when women cease to be the draw that they once were.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 07:19 AM

Some folks are born to be alone, others adopt the "Magpie Model", worst case scenario, a Magpie, falling for a Loner.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 07:33 AM

What's a "magpie model"?
I think would like a man, I don't need one, but they are rather nice, well some are.
My two wasbands definitely weren't nice ones though.
I don't tend to get on with women much. I prefer talking to men, working with them was much nicer.
As for practical reasons, yes, they're very handy if you can find one that knows how to do DIY.
Strangely, when I was married I did the decorating, gardening etc. but now I can no longer do that, men are handy!
Also, they're nice to cuddle and grow beards.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What's a "magpie model"?
I think would like a man, I don't need one, but they are rather nice, well some are.
My two wasbands definitely weren't nice ones though.
I don't tend to get on with women much. I prefer talking to men, working with them was much nicer.
As for practical reasons, yes, they're very handy if you can find one that knows how to do DIY.
Strangely, when I was married I did the decorating, gardening etc. but now I can no longer do that, men are handy!
Also, they're nice to cuddle and grow beards.

Yes, I wanted to know that too, Tess.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 07:40 AM

Magpies work as a pair, sometimes you see only one, but you know the other is not far off.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:02 AM

13 yrs living alone now and I've grown into myself . Yes I'd love a nice guy but I wouldn't want to live in total commitment again . Ideally to have his own place so we both have space. Would love to have someone to care for and to feel loved but it ain't happened .

I say with a smile that someone is really missing out in life cause he hasn't met me yet !

Meanwhile I'm doing just fine
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-07-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
13 yrs living alone now and I've grown into myself . Yes I'd love a nice guy but I wouldn't want to live in total commitment again . Ideally to have his own place so we both have space. Would love to have someone to care for and to feel loved but it ain't happened .

I say with a smile that someone is really missing out in life cause he hasn't met me yet !

Or you could sell one property, jump in with both feet, and go on a world cruise.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I feel the same susan. I'm not sure I could live with anyone 24/7 now, but it might be nice to have a male friend as long as they went to their own home at the end of the day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:21 AM

Having lived on my own all my life I've learned stuff like DIY, but what I do miss - and wish I had myself - is the strength of men! Good grief, you can lift objects that to me would need at least two people.

I am an expert at flat pack furniture, especially from IKEA, but that hex key makes my hands hurt for days afterwards so to have a man about the place to do stuff like that would be handy. And though I enjoyed doing up my bedroom and hallway recently...how nice it would have been to have a man to do the painting and all the moving of my personal goods to storage.

My bezzie mate would probably help me at the drop of a hat but he's moved further away, works some days and is busy with his own on-going house renovations, so I wouldn't dream of bothering him.

My problem is I've been too darned independent.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:36 AM

It would appear the only people that need a man are gay men
Or female property renovators .

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top