Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 06:06 PM

Re: Barclaycard and Amazon

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Is the Visa electron also a credit card

I have a 'Master Card' credit card (Payment up to 60 days after purchase)

I also have a 'Visa' card which is an instant debit card (Money out the bank the instant you use it)

I had a problem paying (PayPal) with the Mastercard only a few days ago, they (PayPal) accepted my Visa card 'tho.

I'm not happy if Mastercard have been given the elbow by the banks as I prefer to use the credit card for online purchase's (for obvious reasons)
Since the woman told me to use the Visa electron card for Amazon and other purchases, yes I believe it is a credit card.
The woman also told me that the Visa electron card is more acceptable than MasterCard in most countries of the world.

I still think itīs really bad that clients have not been informed that their MasterCard can no longer be used.

Edited to add: I should have mentioned that this Visa card is Barclaycard Platinum.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:33 PM

He has been in touch with them and you are right he can't any longer use it for Amazon ! Tesco still take it though so he can still get his petrol but he is going to carry another card in case.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:34 PM

Hi

Not a problem that I will ever have.

I refuse to use Amazon and will continue to not use them until they start paying tax properly.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He has been in touch with them and you are right he can't any longer use it for Amazon ! Tesco still take it though so he can still get his petrol but he is going to carry another card in case.
Thanks for letting me know Julie, itīs somewhat of a relief to know it wasnīt just me having a problem. At least your husband knows why he was having problems now too. Thanks again.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
yes I believe it is a credit card.
The woman also told me that the Visa electron card is more acceptable than MasterCard in most countries of the world.

I still think itīs really bad that clients have not been informed that their MasterCard can no longer be used.
1) If it is a credit card you are getting up to 60 days the same as with Mastercard.

2) I wonder what "more acceptable" really means, maybe they have done a 'deal' with Visa that saves money (for them ) maybe it means more places accept Visa than accept Mastercard

3) Whatever the reasons behind this you are right they should have written to you (and all customers) to tell them of the changes.

4) I woud like to know why PayPal would only accept my Visa card and not my Mastercard, there's something going on which we (the customers) are not being told
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Hi

An explanation of why Mastercard is being dumped by many.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-compensation/

As I posted earlier, I do not use Amazon.

I have just had 4 emails from a Company called G & S Trading based in Germany.

The emails are in German, thanking me for my order from Amazon Marketplace and telling me that is has been dispatched and is arriving Saturday.

I wonder what it is?

I like surprises.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

27-07-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
1) If it is a credit card you are getting up to 60 days the same as with Mastercard.

2) I wonder what "more acceptable" really means, maybe they have done a 'deal' with Visa that saves money (for them ) maybe it means more places accept Visa than accept Mastercard

3) Whatever the reasons behind this you are right they should have written to you (and all customers) to tell them of the changes.

4) I woud like to know why PayPal would only accept my Visa card and not my Mastercard, there's something going on which we (the customers) are not being told
I agree, itīs all very odd and it all seemed to happen so quickly too, apparently without anyone being informed. Without checking I canīt remember the exact date, but it first happened with me when I ordered flowers for Mr Clumsyīs brother who died, I did post about it. All I kept getting was "payment refused", I couldnīt understand it, I couldnīt contact Amazon at that point either, unless I made a very expensive phone call from here, and I didnīt, I just gave up.

I decided to try again with a small order, and lo and behold, payment refused, but now, for me at least, the "contact Amazon by email" suddenly appeared again, it had completely disappeared the previous time. I sent an email, I got a reply, basically just telling me to contact my bank, so thatīs when I gave in and telephoned Barclaycard. Obviously I have now realised I wasnīt the only one having a problem. Very odd that it happened so quickly and nobody was informed of the change.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top