Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Re: Barbecues

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If I were you I would light it at least 45 mins before the cooking starts give the charcoal time to glow.
True but 20 minutes gives us time to say hello etc before the cooking starts.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 04:51 PM

I've been to some ..and had some here at home where the children take charge (they are better at doing them than I am).

I like barbecued food. I eat a lettuce leaf and a tomato with it and fool myself into thinking that this will off-set the effects of all the fatty food being eaten.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Do you like them ? Or like us really not keen ?
Don't like them Julie, in all the years in all the countries, where I've been to a BBQ, the meat was half cooked, the drinks warm, the midges / mosquito's excessive in number (and biting) and worst of all the humans mostly trying to be extrovert (not succeding) and funny (also not succeding)

I remember one where the hosts had two lovely Labradors who entertained me by catching bits of my (half cooked) hamburger as I dropped it on their noses (well out of site of the owners of course )

Like you I make polite excuses now if there's even a hint of a BBQ invite on the way
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 10:27 PM

I don't like the flavour of BBQ'd food at all. Have been and tried a few times - much prefer other cooking methods. If I really cannot avoid attendance then I just eat whatever salad is available and crisps !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 10:36 PM

A BBQ does bring out the worst in some folks-I had a friend who perfected the art of charcoal wrapped around raw meat. He was a nice chap but the coroner decided he died from complications arising from self neglect. You think I am joking?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 11:23 PM

I've only ever been to one BarBQue. It was pleasant enough, but I'm not much of a one for big noisy 'do's.
Why do men who sometimes don't know how to even turn an oven on normally, suddenly decide they are top chefs at Bar-B-Ques?

I was at a little village fun dog show a couple of weeks back, and two men were cooking burgers and hot dogs at a grill standing on the lawns. I couldn't believe it when I saw where they were storing the bread rolls/baps - on the grass under the trestle table, laying in torn cellophane bags!!
How the 'eck did they know if ants were having a feast, or someone's pooch hadn't cocked his leg up them?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

26-07-2016, 11:29 PM

If a man does not know how to cook a full Sunday roast he has no place next to a BBQ. And he always puts the lavatory seat down-these things are self evident
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 11:31 PM

How does putting the lav seat down qualify someone to cook?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How does putting the lav seat down qualify someone to cook?
I wondered about that - then decided perhaps we were better not knowing !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:21 AM

Done properly you can't beat a good barbie on a nice warm day with plenty of wine and cold beer. Enjoy!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top