Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Re: Have Mobile Phones Created A Bad Mannered Generation?

Not sure if its a bad mannered generation,but its a generation that as lost the ability to talk amongst themselves,at work the older ones during our breaks manage to converse,looking around the canteen the younger ones all seem to be on their phones with little or no conversation.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 02:57 PM

It`s an addiction. I tease my girl friend all the time about it..........do you fancy a cuddle?-I could text you but seeing as you are sat next to me.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 03:33 PM

Yes, although they are handy gadgets they are being misused/overused. I do believe that cell phones/mobile phones have caused a disconnection in relationships and in some teenagers, a dependency. Under no circumstances should a phone be allowed at a dinner table. Surely, there can’t be anything that crucial that it can’t wait until a more private time. Yes, phones have invaded our privacy and it seems everyone has turned robotic when a text or call comes in. Reminds me of Pavlov’s experiment.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You may be in the company of people who are constantly checking their mobile phones. l'm sure you may think nothing of it!
In fact these days, it seems checking your mobile phone is a normal thing to do!

Yet .... How would you feel if you were at someone's house and they kept getting up every few minutes and going to their front door to check if someone was there? I'm sure you'd soon get a bit fed up!

Do you think mobile phones have encouraged bad manners and rudeness?
Yes, to a certain extent & i pads too. Everywhere you go people have them, are using them, texting, checking their emails, or Googling, or talking to someone. It can be very annoying. I have a phone, I use mine for phone calls & texting, but not all day, in fact hardly ever & I don't use it for the internet. I have a home p c for that, when out I don't want to be using it at all, specially if I'm out with friends.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 06:14 PM

I hate the way the young seem to need their mobile phones by their side constantly like an extra body part

They do encourage rudeness and the feeling that when you are talking to someone you don't have their complete attention because they are checking their email so in effect talking to a third person who can't be seen .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
so many just wandering about head down staring at the screen. I do wonder if there could be long term health consequences.
Don't worry about 'long term' consequences, there will be some nasty 'short term' ones if they step out into a busy road Of course it will be the drivers fault, after all if you can afford a car you must be insured and therefore a soft target.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:35 PM

I always have mine to hand when I'm out, but I have never walked down the street with it plugged into my ear. In fact, I rarely use it when out...

...unless I have a free wi-fi connection, of course. (£££)
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If you don't understand then perhaps you are part of the problem !
And what's your excuse for rudeness?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Perhaps it just comes naturally?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's because he's a clot.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top