Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Re: RIP Gerald Grosvenor.

I know he's dead and l shouldn't say it.... but what about the prostitutes he frequented?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Without people like him this country would be a hell of a lot worse than it is.
Absolutely. I really cringe when I look in the eyes of the envious and see the evil therein, communisim is something I've had close experience of and it ain't nice.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Losos;968262]Absolutely. I really cringe when I look in the eyes of the envious and see the evil therein, communisim is something I've had close experience of and it ain't nice.[/QUOTE]

I agree, there is no point making everybody equal if everybody has to live in poverty to be so. Without the wealthy in this country, there would be less businesses, so less jobs, so less income for the people to earn. This would create less taxes paid so there would be less medical care and less houses built. If communism worked the USSR would be leading the world today... but they are not because it doesn't work!¬
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Absolutely. I really cringe when I look in the eyes of the envious and see the evil therein, communisim is something I've had close experience of and it ain't nice.
Great post Losos, envy is a very destructive emotion.;
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know he's dead and l shouldn't say it.... but what about the prostitutes he frequented?
Gerald Grosvenor?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
One less of the aristocracy for us to have to deal with!!!
Shitty comment tbh,

I've always considered you a bit of a plonka, but that's just reaffirmed it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 07:33 AM

It would appear thousands of people have benefitted from his charity work and no doubt massive donations.

As well as the thousands he employs.

I'd say he was a valued member of society and an asset.
Without people like him this country would be a hell of a lot worse than it is.

President, Scope (formerly the Spastics Society), 1982–2005[4]
President, National Kidney Research Fund, 1985–97[4]
President, Royal National Institute for the Blind, 1986–2012[4]
President, North of England Zoological Society, 1987 until death[4]
President, Drugs and Alcohol Foundation, 1987–97[4]
Vice-President, Royal Society of St George, 1987 until death[4]
President, Holstein UK & Ireland (formerly British Holstein Society), 1988 until death[4]
Life Vice-President, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, 1988 until death[4]
President, Abbeyfield Society, 1989–95[4]
President, Institution of Environmental Sciences, 1989–2013[4]
Director, Business in the Community, 1991–95[4]
Life Governor, Royal Agricultural Society of England[4]
Committee member, North American Advisory Group, British Overseas Trade Board, 1994[4]
Committee member, Nuffield Hospitals, 1995 until death[4]
Vice-President, Country Landowners' Association, 1999 until death[4]
President, Life Education Centre (Drug Prevention), 2000–12[4]
Vice-President, Royal Smithfield Club, 2004 until death[4]

The only reason he was president of this or that or vice-president of something else is simply because he's a member of the aristocracy. If he were joe bloggs in the street, irrespective of his wealth, he would not have been invited to be the figure-head of all these organisations.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 07:34 AM

The Duke of Westminster has died.

A thoroughly decent bloke with a great sense of humour.
Couldn't agree more, good, kind and decent man !
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
shitty comment tbh,

i've always considered you a bit of a plonka, but that's just reaffirmed it.
x2 !!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The only reason he was president of this or that or vice-president of something else is simply because he's a member of the aristocracy. If he were joe bloggs in the street, irrespective of his wealth, he would not have been invited to be the figure-head of all these organisations.
For heavens sake UJ, has nobody ever offered you psychological help with your obsession about aristocracy? Yes they are wealthier than most, but that is often because their forefathers achieved more than ours did and passed the wealth down through their families. I am sure that, if you asked every parent on here, they will tell you that they want to make sure that what they leave will help their children. You read too many communist books that are written by authors who resented the fact that the wealthy achieved more than they did. If you had lived in a communist world, the food that you prepare and eat would probably have been expected to feed a family of 10 Communism is not an ideal world, it is a world where everybody is poor and those who could achieve, in a capitalist world, will be held back. Why hold back the achievers, who can create businesses that provide jobs for the poor? The whole concept of your thinking could be described as jealous resentment, by those who can rationally think what the consequences would be it it happened!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top