Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Re: Are You a Collector?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I collect fridge magnets, mainly ones from countries abroad where we have been. I brought 9 back from the different parks in Orlando this year, including one of Harry Potter's wizard hat!
My fridge/freezer is covered with magnets Mags. One of my Nieces brought me one back from her hols in Majorca, then others saw it and decided for me that I need to collect them!!!

I don't collect anything....I'm rather a minimalist, can't be doing with clutter
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Soft toys and and a few postcards of mice.

Soon after I met Jenny I created `Animalia` with stories to amuse her.

Gerald is a postcard mouse and has a grandfather(who runs the library) a wife and children-why Gerald? think Pink Floyd.

When we got engaged I bought a soft toy seal-he is called `the seal of approval`

If have two soft toy frogs called Des and Zano,they speak Italian and helped me write a book on `get by in Italian for animalians` which was a christmas present for Jenny.

And of course there are the ``mit mots`-they are not very nice and live on the borders of animalia.

Other animals went christmas shopping one year I photographed them,made a slide show and story and Jenny saw that one christmas eve

I am sane really you know
It's nice to see OG, that beneath that macho chest beats the heart of a true romantic, I admire you writing stories for the good lady.
I must say I've told my wife quite a few tales over the years, but she never believed any of them.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 04:50 PM

WOW what a selection of Collection items!

OG, What a lovely world of escape to fun and innocence you have obviously produced with Animalia. Sounds a little like 'Brambly Hedge', 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Telly Tubbies' all rolled into one.

Beer mats were or are quite popular to collect aren't they.

Rainbow
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 07:22 PM

OG, What a lovely world of escape to fun and innocence you have obviously produced with Animalia.

Thank you.

To list all of the `animalians` and their adventures would take ages.

One of my most treasured moments was when we went to Desanzano in Italy. Somewhere during the holiday we went to some gardens and there was a fountain.

Des and Zano -you see the connection? being frogs jumped into it.

As I was taking photos I got an audience of Italian children with their parents.

Back then my Italian was not too bad and they were captivated to see this quite clearly insane Brit making up a story just for them
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 07:41 PM

What a nice story......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 09:38 AM

I'm trying not to collect stuff these days - just in case I die - don't want to leave a mess.
Ford Prefect
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ford Prefect is male 

29-01-2011, 02:28 AM

Nothing like kick starting a dormant thread.
I've an assortment of collections including antique cameras, militaria, knives, misc antiques and my prime collection of Zippo lighters. Yup, Zippo lighters. We're a mad lot that collect them. I'm an admin with a club that started 2 years ago and have over 800 members worldwide.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ford Prefect ->
Nothing like kick starting a dormant thread.
I've an assortment of collections including antique cameras, militaria, knives, misc antiques and my prime collection of Zippo lighters. Yup, Zippo lighters. We're a mad lot that collect them. I'm an admin with a club that started 2 years ago and have over 800 members worldwide.
Hi Ford Prefect, Tis nice having a 'refresher', cos some folk might not have seen or read 'em!!!

Do you mean that you actually run a Club with dedicated Zippo Lighter Members? Quite amazing.

Do you locate them in Car Boot Sales etc? ... (Lighters not Members)! How many Lighters do you actually own?

Rainbow
Ford Prefect
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ford Prefect is male 

29-01-2011, 03:48 AM

hey Rainbow,

Yup, we're dedicated to Zippo lighters and of course, off brands as well. They're approaching over 500 million made since 1932 so, there are quite a few out there!

You're obviously in the UK, as car boot sales are not to be found this side of the pond. Our UK members get them from there but, few are found that way. Most are from eBay and trading with fellow collectors. Antique malls and flea markets are other places to look for them.

I've about 400 in total including other products made by Zippo such as tape rules, knives, magnifiers (loupes), pill bozes, etc.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-01-2011, 04:03 AM

Well, FP, I hope you realise you have now set me a task to Google Zippo Lighters, as I have no idea what they look like! LOL.

But will have to do that tomorrow now, cos otherwise will never get to bed ........ LOL.

Rainbow

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top