Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 09:52 AM

Re: Having a horrible thought and how to get it out of the head

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Jazzi, I know sending indecent images is a criminal offence, I'm not sure if distressing images are too.
Either way, if someone sends or posts stuff knowing it will distress you, you're better off without them.
This is my first PM (on FB) to this 'friend' - who is more my sister's age/school friend - so it may need accepting by her before or if she replies.

I didn't threaten to block or unfriend her, but will see if she responds. She was only posting because the image contained a link to sign a petition against the practice (in a different country) but I found the photo so upsetting I quickly got it out of my sight. She should have given a warning first, undoubtedly.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Well I know what we're supposed to do but if that doesn't work ?... WHAT ???

Sometimes people post unpleasant videos or news that I do not need to see. This can involve people or animals and there is nothing I can do to alieviate the situation, whether it be at home or abroad.

If there's a warning first, then there's the opportunity to avoid it.

As an artist, I tend to have visual images in my head and they can last for decades
Nothing I have watched on TV has ever affected me in that way, however horrible. It is only things I have actually experienced in person, which would bother me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 01:14 PM

I've noticed a pop-up thingy on FB recently when someone has posted something on my page, it says there are settings to stop people doing it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 04:19 PM

What's most disturbing is that the iphone army clamber over themselves to post stuff like that because they wish to shock people. Even when the twin towers were falling all around, there were still people filming it on their phones.

When it comes to images of animal cruelty, I think there should be a warning before the charity ads appear on TV.

If I was going to post a disturbing link on here, I would definitely give a warning first.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When it comes to images of animal cruelty, I think there should be a warning before the charity ads appear on TV.

If I was going to post a disturbing link on here, I would definitely give a warning first.
Yes, that's the sensible, rational approach but, sadly, not everyone posesses these qualities.

TV charity Ads serve to put me off donating.
They must cost a small fortune and I wouldn't want my donation going to into their coffers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes, that's the sensible, rational approach but, sadly, not everyone posesses these qualities.

TV charity Ads serve to put me off donating.
They must cost a small fortune and I wouldn't want my donation going to into their coffers.
Unfortunately, I no longer trust ANY charity ads or any charities for that matter. The only funds I might give to are the local ones set up to get treatment for a child to get urgent treatment.

I used to be in the advertising industry and I remember working on a well known charity account that would print all their ads in black & white to show that they were not wasting money on fancy printing. What the public wouldn't have known is that there logo was printed in 'special' colours which would have out-weighed any saving.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 04:14 PM

I wish I knew, especially now.
A couple of hours ago I, and other drivers, were diverted away from a school.
I could see a skip wagon, two ambulances and a fire crew frantically running around the skip wagon.

Now I know I didn't see the accident nor anyone injured but I always feel filled with dread and worry whenever I think a kid could be hurt.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top