Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 11:28 AM

Re: The hypocrisy of Corbyn and Abbot

It's ridiculous to churn out that quote every time someone is accused as supporting terrorism. It's meaningless and suggests those using it can't differentiate between terrorists and freedom fighters.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not at all.

I just have very strong views on terrorists and their supporters, both absolute scum in my view.
Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
One man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter.

I have very strong views on small-minded, brainwashed, reactionary scum who uncritically accept propaganda. There is always an alternative view,
Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I support all groups to a fair and just hearing. Our history in Ireland (and other parts if the world) has been utterly appalling and the British government has consistently refused to listen.
I started reading this thread and interpreted it to be funding for the families victims to sue the police.
Whilst the grief and pain of these families should never be forgotten or dismissed out of hand it can also be interpreted as an exercise in pinning the blame on the police, in the manner of a consolation prize, neatly sidestepping the real perpetrators of the crime where the true blame should lie. The IRA.
It soon degenerated, as so many threads do on here into a defence of the IRA... into supporting freedom fighters.

Sorry but I find this so wrong and deeply offensive.
Much more of this crap and I shall seriously have to reconsider my membership. Not a flounce. I do that when I'm narked. This is different.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The article doesn't mention Jeremy Corbyn or his alleged friendship with members of Sinn Fein or the IRA, this would appear to be your 'spin' on the article.

However, it is very instructive that Amber Rudd, the 'nasty party's' Home Secretary has rejected claims for 'legal aid' assistance from the families of those victims. A truly despicable act from a really 'nasty party'!!!

'Alleged?' now that is stretching artistic licence a bit.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I started reading this thread and interpreted it to be funding for the families victims to sue the police.
Whilst the grief and pain of these families should never be forgotten or dismissed out of hand it can also be interpreted as an exercise in pinning the blame on the police, in the manner of a consolation prize, neatly sidestepping the real perpetrators of the crime where the true blame should lie. The IRA.
It soon degenerated, as so many threads do on here into a defence of the IRA... into supporting freedom fighters.

Sorry but I find this so wrong and deeply offensive.
Much more of this crap and I shall seriously have to reconsider my membership. Not a flounce. I do that when I'm narked. This is different.

The police have a lot to answer for. Firstly their 'wrongful' prosecution of the 'Birmingham six', the unlawful beatings and mistreatment of those prisoners whilst in Police custody, and ignoring of evidence at the scene of the explosions, because that evidence was 'inconvenient' and didn't fit with the people the police had arrested.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-1826180.html
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Not interested anymore.
You carry on pedalling your usual drivel.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:40 PM

And you yours.

Not interested anymore.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The police have a lot to answer for. Firstly their 'wrongful' prosecution of the 'Birmingham six', the unlawful beatings and mistreatment of those prisoners whilst in Police custody, and ignoring of evidence at the scene of the explosions, because that evidence was 'inconvenient' and didn't fit with the people the police had arrested.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-1826180.html
Hi

Missing the point aren't you.

The police would have nothing to answer for and 21 people would still be alive and 182 uninjured if the bombs had not been planted.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:43 PM

Not interested anymore.
They forget, those that may have been wrongly convicted weren't plucked from law abiding citizens, they had links to terror organisations in the first instance.

No smoke etc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
They forget, those that may have been wrongly convicted weren't plucked from law abiding citizens, they had links to terror organisations in the first instance.

No smoke etc.
So law abiding people with views that are not popular with some can be locked up just because the old no smoke without fire saying is occasionally true ? Not a world I want to live in.

Catch the ones who do the crime, costs more and is more time consuming though.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So law abiding people with views that are not popular with some can be locked up just because the old no smoke without fire saying is occasionally true ? Not a world I want to live in.

Catch the ones who do the crime, costs more and is more time consuming though.
I didn't say views.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top