Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 06:37 PM

Re: Sky to lose channels

I pay £13.50 a month for ? basic Sky and get the channels l want.. Atlantic, Gold plus others. I would love to have the Movie/Cinema Channel and sometimes get it when it is on offer. I wouldn't pay the £18 for it as the films are mostly, repeated nightly.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 06:43 PM

KODI MOBDRO? Is it catching?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 07:16 PM

not really EZ but you can get ointment

There streaming platforms if you buy an Andrio IPTV box you can put them on you can even stream on to your Smart phone
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I pay £13.50 a month for ? basic Sky and get the channels l want.. Atlantic, Gold plus others. I would love to have the Movie/Cinema Channel and sometimes get it when it is on offer. I wouldn't pay the £18 for it as the films are mostly, repeated nightly.
That's my gripe too Art. Most of the films they offer are out on DVD anyway and some of them are relatively old.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
not really EZ but you can get ointment

There streaming platforms if you buy an Andrio IPTV box you can put them on you can even stream on to your Smart phone

You can also use a fire stick or an android box to watch via Kodi
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 08:19 AM

If you're prepared to wait long enough, most films are eventually shown on 'free' television channels.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 09:35 AM

The trouble is if you give up Sky you lose Sky 1 and some of the best shows are on it, Trollied and Stella etc and when I get fed up of the gloomy news, The Simpsons are a good alternative!
Then there's Euronews, also the Japanese news where you actually see what's going on in the rest of the World.
It's my one treat really.
Do the free ones have Alibi??
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If you're prepared to wait long enough, most films are eventually shown on 'free' television channels.
Yes! UJ, you are exactly right! Many of the films l paid to watch via Sky Cinema are currently being shown on 'free' Film 4!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 08:30 AM

Yes! UJ, you are exactly right! Many of the films l paid to watch via Sky Cinema are currently being shown on 'free' Film 4!

That's been the case for many decades darlin'. Before it was expensive seats in a cinema against waiting for the films to show on the television. Now its waiting for the films to air on 'freeview' against the exorbitant cost of 'pay for' satellite television.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Discovery was meant to disappear yesterday 31st Jan but I have just looked and all the channels are still there.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top