Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 05:55 AM

Re: Car crashes into two horses and riders in Witcham (explicit video)

I really should read the thread titles...I thought it was "houses"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I really should read the thread titles...I thought it was "houses"
If you can't see the difference between "r" and "u" then you should get your eyesight tested .....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
If you can't see the difference between "r" and "u" then you should get your eyesight tested .....
who wrote that???
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Obviously further investigation will reveal the reason but it looks to me that the road was wet and the driver going too fast to take the bend correctly. Of course I could be wrong.

The advanced test taught me to drive on the wrong side of the road on a LH bend with no centre line because you can see an obstruction quicker but the speed should be correct for the conditions.

Edited: There does appear to be a centre lines.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:35 AM

I haven't watched but I've seen some crazy driving over the weekend around horses locally. I give them a wide birth prefer to stop and let them go first if I can. I don't know why others can't have a bit of patience around them. Although I also wonder when driving passed the local common why horses are on the road when they could be on the common which is surely a nicer ride anytime ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I haven't watched but I've seen some crazy driving over the weekend around horses locally. I give them a wide birth prefer to stop and let them go first if I can. I don't know why others can't have a bit of patience around them. Although I also wonder when driving passed the local common why horses are on the road when they could be on the common which is surely a nicer ride anytime ?
My own personal opinion is that humans shouldn't be riding horses at any time or anywhere. But that's just me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Although I also wonder when driving passed the local common why horses are on the road when they could be on the common which is surely a nicer ride anytime ?
Perhaps the local law regarding common land does not permit them .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 12:05 PM

Just my four penn'orth, but I wouldn't ride horses on the roads at all, even quiet country lanes. Our roads are far from safe these days, especially with the standard of driving having dropped in recent years, to say nothing of the new trend of lycra louts.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 12:11 PM

In this case it would appear to be the fault of the car driver. However, around our way the horse riders often cause problems, and certainly should not take to the roads at busy times of day.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 02:23 PM

That was horrific. I had seen it before though. I hope the driver is prosecuted, clearly on the wrong side of the road & driving much too fast.
It states in the highway code, drive slow & wide passed horses. If the horses had been another car, that would have been pulped.
When I used to ride here, we used country lanes & green lanes where possible or went on the moor, but there were still major roads to travel before we got to the safer ones or the moor. Most drivers were courteous & stopped or slowed for the horses, as this is a rural area & lots of people have horses, people know to be careful, or they did. I don't know what it's like to ride here now, probably much busier seeing how much traffic we now have.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top