Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:25 PM

Re: Anybody else from Warwickshire?

This is my second visit to Warwick but the first was about 20 years ago and this time I'm seeing it from my granddaughter's perspective ... so .. we had a look at the Lord Leicester Hospital ( went in last time but not today) ... paid £2.50 to go into the garden at the bottom of Mill Street for a great view of the Castle and went in St Mary's Church and climbed the 165 steps (phew !!!!) to the top of the tower for the fantastic panoramic view
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
This is my second visit to Warwick but the first was about 20 years ago and this time I'm seeing it from my granddaughter's perspective ... so .. we had a look at the Lord Leicester Hospital ( went in last time but not today) ... paid £2.50 to go into the garden at the bottom of Mill Street for a great view of the Castle and went in St Mary's Church and climbed the 165 steps (phew !!!!) to the top of the tower for the fantastic panoramic view
Myrtle, l can't believe you both went up to the top of St Mary's church! That is marvellous! The steps are lethal! I went up to the top years ago and most of the steps had crumbled away! Maybe, they've repaired them now?
The view from the top is breathtaking and you can see for miles!
Years ago, in that church, you could go down into the crypt where they had a ducking chair that had been used for ducking witches!
The garden in Mill Street has raised lots of money for charity over the years. It used to belong to a Mr Measures but he died a while back.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 06:10 PM

yes I did "pull myself up" all those steps !!!! Thank goodness they have the rope for a handrail !!!! I needed a nebulizer by the time I got to the top The steps are in good condition so not a problem. I had to go back down backwards

We went down into the crypt too.

There was a notice in the Mill Street garden saying they had raised over £2,000 last year

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top