Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Re: Mould Spores & Health!

Hi

There are such things as humidistat fans.

These are often specified in legal notices served on landlords to control condensation and mould growth.

The legal notices also often specify that they should be set at not more than 60% Relative Humidity, as below this level condensation is controlled.

Loads on the market, not an expert on them, but this one works.

http://www.epicair.co.uk/axs100sviht.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:40 PM

I feel a bit sorry for landlords on these things, in 42 flats about half have damp and mould problems, the residents blame the landlord, the council, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see only flats affected are never open to the air, they keep windows closed at all times. Those of us without the problem have windows open as much as we can.
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Uncle Joe....

I've sprayed WD40 over the mould and, since doing that, it's not spread out, again. I was marking the hardboard tank cover with a felt pen and the mould outgrew 2 of those marks. Once the WD40 was in place, all over the mould, the mould stood still! I swear to Mr God...WD40 must have around 130 uses!

Ian.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Haines ->
Uncle Joe....

I've sprayed WD40 over the mould and, since doing that, it's not spread out, again. I was marking the hardboard tank cover with a felt pen and the mould outgrew 2 of those marks. Once the WD40 was in place, all over the mould, the mould stood still! I swear to Mr God...WD40 must have around 130 uses!

Ian.

Ian matey, yes WD40 may have stopped it spreading any further - at least for a while, but that hasn't got rid of it!!! you need to thoroughly sterilize it properly !!!
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 11:45 PM

Thanks, Uncle Joe...I will!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I feel a bit sorry for landlords on these things, in 42 flats about half have damp and mould problems, the residents blame the landlord, the council, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see only flats affected are never open to the air, they keep windows closed at all times. Those of us without the problem have windows open as much as we can.
it is technically the landlord's fault if due to their design the flats aren't ventilated sufficiently for normal day to day life without opening the windows. There should be enough airbricks and vents to ensure circulation of airflow at all times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
it is technically the landlord's fault if due to their design the flats aren't ventilated sufficiently for normal day to day life without opening the windows. There should be enough airbricks and vents to ensure circulation of airflow at all times.
Many block up air vents we blocked ours in the bathroom but having done that take responsibility to ventilate with the window.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top