Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Re: How long is a good life?

When I get old/senile and not able to control my bodily functions then please put me to sleep. I will have had a decent life until then.

Jenny went too soon-8 weeks today I last saw her alive
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
When I get old/senile and not able to control my bodily functions then please put me to sleep. I will have had a decent life until then.

Jenny went too soon-8 weeks today I last saw her alive
Hello Old Git - good to hear you are still posting - if not very often. Sorry if this thread is a bit insensitive - I wondered about my post when I put it up. I hope it has not upset you.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Hi, OG, I've been thinking of you also; how are you doing?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 10:50 PM

When a person reaches a stage where they are dependent on others for their basic needs how do we know what they are thinking?
It could be 'Switch off the light please' or ' try blooming so.and so, I had a vision and it will improve my health'.
What do we really know about life beyond science as we know it?
Where there is life there is hope.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 10:57 PM

Hello OG...nice to hear from you. Hope you're doing ok and looking after yourself.

I couldn't put a number on a good long life..... So long as I have my health and faculties to enjoy life, that's what I intend to do, and I'll face whatever it throws at me when it happens. Unlike one of my Sisters who says that she doesn't want to live much beyond 70-nothing to look forward to in old age!!!!!!!! Don't think I'll ever work that reasoning out!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 11:01 PM

As I get older I find that I have more time and more money to give to my kids so that they can have the things I never had when I was younger.

If old age does this then roll on 100years old.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 11:20 PM

We may slow down as we age but what I think is good is that we get a sense of proportion: little things that would have bothered us greatly when younger just aren't that much of a big deal. We appreciate the small things more, especially if we're retired and out of the rat race ad have the time now to do what we want.

The old joke: I woke up this morning, had my coffee, read the obituaries, and as I'm not in them, it's going to be a good day!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

16-12-2010, 11:26 PM

You are right Eillen.

Materialistic things mean very little as you grow older, what matters is real life and what you can get out of it or how you can help other to miss the pitfalls that you hit.
Joan
Queensland Australia
Joan is female  Joan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 07:43 AM

Curiosity is what keeps me wanting to live on and on and on. I want to know what happens next in my family, in science, in politics - in everything. This life is all we've got - I love it and intend to hang on to it till I'm 100+ as long as my mind functions well, and my body manages.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 11:32 AM

I think once your mental faculties have gone you might as well be put down!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top