Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 11:59 PM

Re: Racist Comment!!!

Originally Posted by Leia ->
It's an old saying that is extremely offensive these days.
Would you be offended if a jar of marmalade had a Golliwog on it?
Would you be offended if a Black person called a White man ' honkey ' ?
Would you be offended if someone created a White only police associatian as opposed to the National Black Police Assiciation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...United_Kingdom)
Surely, that could be described as racist?
What other issues do you stand on?
Freedom of speech?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:05 AM

When I went out with my pals I was the token white man....jeez did I get some stick.

Not one white person objected to the names I was called....not that I'd appreciate the interference but it does show the double standards some white folk have.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
So Taffy, do you find being called Taffy offensive?
Do you realise that Black people call other Black people Nigga?
It's in loads of songs.
I do realise that gasman and it's OK to mock ourselves. We've moved on in time from when words were used to demean others. There's no excuse for that kind of language in this day and age.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 08:05 AM

I think we all place too much importance on slang words or swearing! Words like sod and bugger are words that many people use when irritated, but cant find a suitable word to express themselves. Would people accuse all, who use the word, of being homophobic?

In honesty, I suspect that many, who use these kind of words, have little real understanding of what they really meant, when used as a derogatory description..
Aren't they just another pathetic way of finding something to use as criticism against somebody you want to find fault with?

Black people were often referred to as negroes, a few years back, and it was a Spanish term for black people. Since racial prejudice has become a big thing, it is now offensive to say Negro, but still ok to call them black.... how stupid!
I don't care what colour my neighbour is, I judge him by his personality!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yet another scumbag 'nasty party' member caught out in using racist language - a term of abuse that has been banned for many years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...3D438139154_uk
You're a fine one to talk about abusive terms when you use them in vitally every post. At least Mrs May acted within three hours and suspended the woman. Unlike Corbyn who took days, weeks even, to suspend Livingston.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 08:25 AM

And another example of a scumbag 'nasty party' member, this time from the aristocracy!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk...-a7834636.html

And yet more examples:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7834291.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Hi

To my my mind there is a world of difference between using the phrase a N***a in a woodpile and calling someone a F***ing N***a.

When it comes to Racism, the Labour Party are in a League of their own.

When Corbyn deals with the out and out Racists Abbott or Milne, I will start to take some notice, not before.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 09:16 AM

I'm of the opinion two wrongs don't make a right so that one party has racists and yes labour has some, doesn't mean the other side get a free pass to have their own. I'd like to see labour purged of racists and tories too, it's not a party political problem many parties have them.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm of the opinion two wrongs don't make a right so that one party has racists and yes labour has some, doesn't mean the other side get a free pass to have their own.
No it doesn't , but neither does it give Joe and Labour the right to point the finger as if they were innocent and only the other side is guilty.

How is it you're not so ready to defend the other side and try to share the blame until some criticises Labout or Joe?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why is it so many white people insist on being offended on behalf of others?

My mates think it's a joke......they don't need telling what's offensive to them or what should be....they can actually make their own mind up.

My black mates called each other names, they called me names and I called them names. No one took offence. Obviously I can see that it could be offensive if used in a threatening situation.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top