Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Re: Grandchildren

I have two grandsons, now adult, and see them about once a year (usually at Christmas). I saw them very rarely when they were small because as a single woman I had to work full time and they have always lived 100 miles away. Both of their parents work too, so co-ordinating holidays was impossible. I would usually go and see them at Christmas and Easter. It is sad that I missed so much of their growing up.

They are very affectionate young men, always phone to thank me for their gifts on birthdays and we get in like a house on fire when we do meet. One once said to me "Nan, you are cool" because he felt like he could say anything to me and I would not be shocked.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have two grandsons, now adult, and see them about once a year (usually at Christmas). I saw them very rarely when they were small because as a single woman I had to work full time and they have always lived 100 miles away. Both of their parents work too, so co-ordinating holidays was impossible. I would usually go and see them at Christmas and Easter. It is sad that I missed so much of their growing up.

They are very affectionate young men, always phone to thank me for their gifts on birthdays and we get in like a house on fire when we do meet. One once said to me "Nan, you are cool" because he felt like he could say anything to me and I would not be shocked.

Aah, that's nice CeeCee.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:46 PM

There has been too much of this propagation, the buck needs to be stopped, somewhere.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:53 PM

I have 8 Grandchildren and 6 Great Grandchildren and I am lucky enough to see most of them as and when I like. 4 of them live in New Zealand and we go there as often as funds will allow. Another lives in the highlands of Scotland and she comes down here several times a year
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:54 PM

We do not see our grandchildren very often and so we have not had much influence on the way they are raised.

It was quite a shock and a strain when we had them stay for 3 days last month. I dont think OH could cope with them again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:55 PM

Seven of the blighters.

All grown up and making their own way in the world so seldom see them now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Seven of the blighters.

All grown up and making their own way in the world so seldom see them now.
Just make sure this behaviour, is reflected in the Last will and Testament!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:04 PM

We have 13 grandkids ranging from 40 down to 14 and 7 great grands. One grandson and his wife live on the west coast and we only see them every couple of years when they fly here to visit family. All of the others are nearby. We have been sharing our home with our youngest daughter and SIL for the past 30 years and they have 2 of the grandchildren . Others are nearby and we see them quite often. The whole family (minus the westcoaster) gets together 4 or 5 times a year for the main holidays and our annual picnic.

We cared for many of them over the years and are now, in our old age, reaping the rewards from our closeness. They're a wonderful bunch and spend a lot of time inter-acting with each other, apart from gram and gramps.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:29 AM

It's thoroughly enjoyable to read about the forum grandchildren. With two nineteen-year-olds, I am pleased to announce that I am not yet a grandmother, but would like to be one some day, since I missed my children's babyhood. (How could that be?)

Spitfire, your post gave me a very unexpected laugh. Excellent.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:39 AM

I chose not to have children, so obviously not applicable to me, neither do I miss the thought of them. I see enough of elderly women being used as sitters and trying to keep up with small children and entertain them when out shopping while their own grown children pursue their careers.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top