Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:54 PM

Re: another worry

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So prresumably you can't leave the car in gear when you park it, else ti would stall when the engine started.
So what happens to anyone who lives on a hill, or has a sloped driveway like my son has, they wouldn't be able to park and leave it in gear?
Nowadays you need to depress the clutch to start the car, so yes you can leave it in gear, autos, just select park
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Just don't opt for a "keyless ignition" option when buying a car ! It's always been a nonsense anyway.

How hard is it to put a key in a key hole? And people actually pay money for keyless ignition systems!! Go figure !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just don't opt for a "keyless ignition" option when buying a car ! It's always been a nonsense anyway.

How hard is it to put a key in a key hole? And people actually pay money for keyless ignition systems!! Go figure !
I think it's to hear that beep at a slight distance when they approach their car, superfluous perhaps but a definite thing.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:48 PM

I have no doubt that in the very near future, optical scanners will be common-place in cars. That will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for thieves to steal a car. Barring that, a key board similar to an ATM, would make it exceedingly hard to steal a car. On the 3rd failed attempt the car would then shut down for a period of time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Buy a car that thieves do not want, then do not clean it.

Problem solved.
That's me!

My 14 year-old Skoda which I never clean.

My wife describes the mould along the window trims as my 'window boxes'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 08:48 PM

I noticed a company on TV advertising keyless door locks, where you can text a 'Key' to someone's phone to give them access to your house. Surely this isn't a good idea?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Yes, I certainly wouldn't buy a car with keyless ignition.

Some friends of ours have such a car and have had no end of problems with it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top