Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Re: I need some help from you all on a gift idea for someone who's blind

I don't envy your mission....yes, it's a mission, isn't it.

My cousin is also blind following a serious head injury at work.

We once bought him a football shirt, which he wore regularly.......not one of his beloved Man United but a Man City one......we didn't tell him for ages.

Good luck.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't envy your mission....yes, it's a mission, isn't it.

My cousin is also blind following a serious head injury at work.

We once bought him a football shirt, which he wore regularly.......not one of his beloved Man United but a Man City one......we didn't tell him for ages.

Good luck.
Oh may God forgive me but this made me lol
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:53 AM

When I had a period of blindness with my ms I absolutely adored talking books and wood. Odd I know but a beautifully carved bit of wood comes alive in your hands when you can't see it, it's warm even, and you can feel all the contours, strangely different parts of it feel soft, warm, or hard and cooler. I could sit holding a piece of wood for ages list in my thoughts. Talking books too took me places I could no longer go alone.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When I had a period of blindness with my ms I absolutely adored talking books and wood. Odd I know but a beautifully carved bit of wood comes alive in your hands when you can't see it, it's warm even, and you can feel all the contours, strangely different parts of it feel soft, warm, or hard and cooler. I could sit holding a piece of wood for ages list in my thoughts. Talking books too took me places I could no longer go alone.
Now thats a great idea , maybe a horse or some animal.it is true wood is wonderful to feel. something that she can hold in her two hands or even one hand .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe an MP3 player so she could listen to music and audio books? Some over ear headphones may be more suitable than the standard `in ear` type sold with the unit.
I agree with this; sounds that it would be an excellent gift.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
Oh may God forgive me but this made me lol
He's a nightmare. Made me laugh too.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 01:51 PM

All of you have given me wonderful ideas, thanks so much!

And Tpin, yes, it's definitely a mission.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top