Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:40 AM

Re: State Pension.

I get a payment into the bank every Tuesday, but if a bank holiday coincides with the payment day as boxing day did
this year it can vary as below ..
Paid on...
Tuesday 12th Dec
Tuesday 19th Dec
Friday 22th Dec- paid early to cover boxing day 26th
Friday 29th Dec- paid early to cover new year 2nd Jan
My next payment will now be on Tuesday 9th Jan.

It's ok when you get used to it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Mine has always been paid into the bank every 4 weeks....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mine was supposed to be paid weekly according to the letter I got.

It is paid in arrears, so I wanted it weekly

That plus my Injury Pension, is my weekly living money.

That is how I prefer to Budget, into the wallet and I know where I am.

My main Pensions go into the Bank and pay all the bills.
Isnt your state pension your main pension? It is mine
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mine has always been paid into the bank every 4 weeks....
Mags did you sign something to say that was your preference, mine has always been paid weekly without my being asked.
I wonder if it is to do with when we started to receive payment, some had a choice some didn't .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags did you sign something to say that was your preference, mine has always been paid weekly without my being asked.
I wonder if it is to do with when we started to receive payment, some had a choice some didn't .
As far as I can remember Meg, if you were paid weekly you had to collect your pension at the post office and if you wanted it to be paid into the bank, you were paid monthly. I preferred to be paid directly into the bank as that is how I always managed when working.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:15 AM

My pension is still paid weekly straight into the bank.
It was due on Christmas day and New Years day, but with any bank holiday Mondays they always pay it in the Friday of the week before instead.

Swim, if you are normally weekly paid, and your last one was the 20th Dec, you should have been paid again on the 27th. I would have phoned them if it didn't go in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Isnt your state pension your main pension? It is mine
Hi

Nope, I get a Government Employee Pension as well, plus I have topped it up by investing more in it, Additional Voluntary Contributions and I also get my tax free Injury Pension.

I have invested heavily in my Pensions, since I was 21 years old, which is now paying off.

They are all Index Linked and I took the maximum tax free lump sum I was allowed.

I have no annuities and pay no fees.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, I get a Government Employee Pension as well, plus I have topped it up by investing more in it, Additional Voluntary Contributions and I also get my tax free Injury Pension.

I have invested heavily in my Pensions, since I was 21 years old, which is now paying off.

They are all Index Linked and I took the maximum tax free lump sum I was allowed.

I have no annuities and pay no fees.
I would def . give them a quick phone call, it will put your mind at rest. Oh! but its Saturday, so forget that, now no chance until Tuesday and then you will prob be in a queue.
I hope it is paid before then .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Both of our State Pensions are paid every 4 weeks into our bank account.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 01:22 PM

My state pension is paid weekly into my bank account.

Initially, when l was given the choice of being paid monthly or weekly into my bank account, l requested that it be paid monthly into my bank account.
My brother in law, said l should have asked for it to be paid weekly, so l rang the pension people and they changed it to weekly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top