Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Re: Not Ploppy - another Mr. P

Lucky you having all those animals and birds around you on the farm Mups, it sounds like heaven
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 12:09 AM

Its nice to have animals around you so you were so lucky to live with them on the farm.
I like German Shepard's as well but your Bedlingtons are so cute.

I've always liked animals and my Mum told me that when I was 4 and she was pregnant with my sister people used to ask me if I wanted a little sister or brother. Mum said that I was adamant that I didn't want either but wanted a cow to keep in the attic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lucky you having all those animals and birds around you on the farm Mups, it sounds like heaven

It was Mags. My in-laws weren't animal people at all, and thoroughly disapproved of me.
They were all arable farmers till I arrived, and they never did approve of me. I suppose the more I was excluded and ignored, the more I turned to my animal friends.

I can't tell you what it did to me having to dispose of everything when we split up.
I hasten to add here, nothing was put to sleep, but it was a nightmare finding people I trusted to care for them.
I had bred them for generations, and knew everything so well.

When I moved to where I am now, it was the first time in 40-odd years that I'd had no birds. It felt so strange, but at least I've managed to keep my dogs - so I've got to keep going haven't I.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Its nice to have animals around you so you were so lucky to live with them on the farm.
I like German Shepard's as well but your Bedlingtons are so cute.

I've always liked animals and my Mum told me that when I was 4 and she was pregnant with my sister people used to ask me if I wanted a little sister or brother. Mum said that I was adamant that I didn't want either but wanted a cow to keep in the attic.

Thank you MC, and yes, the Beddies are cute, and cuddly, affectionate, and lovely personalities.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It was Mags. My in-laws weren't animal people at all, and thoroughly disapproved of me.
They were all arable farmers till I arrived, and they never did approve of me. I suppose the more I was excluded and ignored, the more I turned to my animal friends.

I can't tell you what it did to me having to dispose of everything when we split up.
I hasten to add here, nothing was put to sleep, but it was a nightmare finding people I trusted to care for them.

When I moved to where I am now, it was the first time in 40-odd years that I'd had no birds. It felt so strange, but at least I've managed to keep my dogs - so I've got to keep going haven't I.
That's very sad Mups, it must have been awful living in an atmosphere like that They sound like the in-laws from hell, treating you like that.

I'm so pleased you have your 5 Beddies now .... far better company in my opinion
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-01-2018, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's very sad Mups, it must have been awful living in an atmosphere like that They sound like the in-laws from hell, treating you like that.

I'm so pleased you have your 5 Beddies now .... far better company in my opinion ;
-)

Yes, I don't think I would survive long if I had to come home to an empty house.

I'm getting a bit emotional now, silly old wotsit, so best call it a day.

See ya tomorrow all - and thanks for the kind comments. x
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I didn't know you had to rehome all your 'babies'.
That must've been hell for you.

I completely understand the in-law thing.
With me, it's been the sisters-in-law, has been there from the get-go, and still going. I'm the misfit of the family here.
I don't give a damn what they think though, and actually feel sorry for them, in that they don't get the joy an animal can bring to your life. Their loss.

So, any more pics of your birds?!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 08:43 AM

I've never owned a dog not that I dislike them or anything it's just because I always worked cats seemed a better choice for me. I can't imagine a home without pets I get so much pleasure from mine. Your birds are lovely Mups how lucky you were to have them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Wow! I didn't realise you had so many animals Mups. Did you keep in touch with the new keepers when you had to let them go?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top