Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 07:03 PM

Re: Childhood places

Green fields I used to play in, snowy in the winter. They became a shopping centre around 30 years ago
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Furryanimal ->

What Places Do You Remember Fondly From Childhood?
Sailing home to Dublin for the Summer hols - usually in the care of a stewardess. Once - when I was about 6yr - she came and woke me up around midnight - to go up on deck and see the aurora borealis.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Blackpool! As a child my parents took us there every single year for our holidays. I got to know Blackpool like the back of my hand and was quite at home there. I have such fond memories of Blackpool, the beach, the donkeys, the candy floss, fish and chips, the pleasure beach, the piers, the tower, the list is endless. I will always have a soft spot for Blackpool even though its a mucky 'ole now
Blackpool was a place we visited on the only family holiday I had with both my parents when I was six (they usually went away separately). We went to Blackpool circus I disliked it, especially the clowns, which were horrible!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:47 AM

I'm not getting the violin out here but actually I never went on holiday as a child that doesn't mean I didn't have a good time in summer holidays though but it was always with other kids in the neighbourhood never with adults.

I suppose we ran wild it didn't seem like that though I was just another little ragamuffin in back street inner city Leeds.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:59 AM

My uncles farm where he kept every farm animal imaginable and also peacocks and pheasants. His farm was near Waltham, Lincolnshire and on weekends he would take his horse and cart and donkeys to the beach at Cleethorpes or even as far as Skegness for the children to ride.

Also our cottage at Weybourne in Norfolk with the beach just down the lane.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
My uncles farm where he kept every farm animal imaginable and also peacocks and pheasants. His farm was near Waltham, Lincolnshire and on weekends he would take his horse and cart and donkeys to the beach at Cleethorpes or even as far as Skegness for the children to ride.

Also our cottage at Weybourne in Norfolk with the beach just down the lane.
I have happy memories of Skegness as well, Kev, as my father's parents lived there and I usually spent Easter with them. Mother would put me on the train at York in the care of the 'Guard' (remember them?) who would put me out at Lincoln. Granddad would be waiting for me there - we would go somewhere lovely for lunch before going on another train to Skegness.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have happy memories of Skegness as well, Kev, as my father's parents lived there and I usually spent Easter with them. Mother would put me on the train at York in the care of the 'Guard' (remember them?) who would put me out at Lincoln. Granddad would be waiting for me there - we would go somewhere lovely for lunch before going on another train to Skegness.
Yes. Skegness was wonderful. My uncle had a field outside of Skegness where he could care and bed down the animals and sometimes the whole family would come and camp in the field. We'd have a big camp fire and all the adults would sing. My mother would always say we were living like Gypsies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Yes. Skegness was wonderful. My uncle had a field outside of Skegness where he could care and bed down the animals and sometimes the whole family would come and camp in the field. We'd have a big camp fire and all the adults would sing. My mother would always say we were living like Gypsies.
Sounds like fun !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Furryanimal ->

What Places Do You Remember Fondly From Childhood?
The Womb, cosy, warm, quiet no school no hassle
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:43 PM

Windsor Castle and down by the river.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top