Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Re: If you were described as an Animal

Originally Posted by merz ->
A snail! I live life at a slow pace, but always get there....haven't got a rush in me!!!!!
That's a good pick Merz, I'd like to be a Limpet he (sorry, or she) just clings to the same rock and refuses to evolve, has done so for millions of years and will continue for long after Mankind is gone, you don't have to change to survive, ask any Limpet.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
That's a good pick Merz, I'd like to be a Limpet he (sorry, or she) just clings to the same rock and refuses to evolve, has done so for millions of years and will continue for long after Mankind is gone, you don't have to change to survive, ask any Limpet.

Ahhh , but you do though jemflux and Limpets have evolved ......... See here ..............

Most of the marine limpets have gills, whereas all the freshwater limpets and a few of the marine limpets have a mantle cavity that is adapted to breathe air and function as a lung (and in some cases has been again adapted to absorb oxygen from water) all these various kinds of snail are only very distantly related. In other words, the name limpet is used to describe various extremely diverse groups of gastropods that have independently evolved a shell of the same basic shape (see convergent evolution)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpet

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Interesting, Topaz, thanks for posting that.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 04:49 PM

I would like to think of myself as a sleek, fast, potential stallion. However her indoors, assumes that a Jackass is more appropriate.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 05:23 PM

OK Topaz, you got me fair and square, but I bet they only started to evolve when Man came on the scene and who could blame 'em.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 06:20 PM

For me there is only one creature I'd like to be, and that's my dog! mind you I'd only like to be a dog if some far off alien population had found a way to cull all the humans on the planet

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top