Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Re: Relaxing Tuesday (on Wednesday )

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I had a bit of a setback toward my original goals as I needed
heavy dental work done at a cost of over $6,000 out of my pocket. I was blessed by a pension payoff because of company rules that instantly vested me because of my plant shutdown. That put an extra $10,000 in my pocket. My main focus now is to stay healthy as I have no medical insurance. My prescriptions cost me about $350 a month out of my pocket. Medicare/Medicaid doesn't kick in for three more years and our congress is thinking of pushing back the eligibility age to 67.
Bob we criticise our health service over here but we are really very lucky to have one, reading your post makes me realise that.
Prescriptions are free in England when people reach 60.
I hope you stay healthy , I think being out and about in the fresh air helps .
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 01:52 PM

What upsets me is that our government doesn't hesitate to spend billions of dollars on two stupid wars but not one penny on socialized medical insurance. I lost my veteran's medical benefits in 2005 with the stroke of a pen by our congress. Now they are talking about reducing social security, medicare & medicaid. We need new politicians who don't get all their benefits for free.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
What upsets me is that our government doesn't hesitate to spend billions of dollars on two stupid wars but not one penny on socialized medical insurance. I lost my veteran's medical benefits in 2005 with the stroke of a pen by our congress. Now they are talking about reducing social security, medicare & medicaid. We need new politicians who don't get all their benefits for free.
It's amazing isn't it how they can find money for some things and not others.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Hi everyone. Beautiful day here, blue skies, lower humidity, nice breeze, 23 C (73 F), cooler than it should be but nice. The house is a mess: everything in boxes and bags except what I'll be actually needing until breakfast Friday morning. Poor Leia has no idea what's going on, I will be soooo glad when this is over.

Sounds as if everyone is having nice weather. We need rain here in the City; lots of storms around but they all keep missing us....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi everyone. Beautiful day here, blue skies, lower humidity, nice breeze, 23 C (73 F), cooler than it should be but nice. The house is a mess: everything in boxes and bags except what I'll be actually needing until breakfast Friday morning. Poor Leia has no idea what's going on, I will be soooo glad when this is over.

Sounds as if everyone is having nice weather. We need rain here in the City; lots of storms around but they all keep missing us....
Hi Eileen what time is it there, I think we are about 5 hours ahead? It is 17.38 here..
I missed that are you moving soon?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Yes, it's a five hour difference, and I'm moving Friday. I'm looking in horror at all those boxes and bags that need to be opened and put away .... not easy moving an 8 room house into a studio apartment! The trash/recycling people have been hauling things away for weeks ... I was ruthless at triage!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

30-06-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Yes, it's a five hour difference, and I'm moving Friday. I'm looking in horror at all those boxes and bags that need to be opened and put away .... not easy moving an 8 room house into a studio apartment! The trash/recycling people have been hauling things away for weeks ... I was ruthless at triage!
How exciting Eileen I love moving .
I hope the move goes well and that you will be very happy in your new home
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

30-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Love it? I absolutely hate it, only moved once before when I bought this house in '65; swore I'd never do it again! But age and health have left me with no alternative; so have gritted teeth and am as ready as I'll ever be for tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top