Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Re: Old School

I would certainly have stood up to that creep if he had treated me in the way those women say he treated them.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would certainly have stood up to that creep if he had treated me in the way those women say he treated them.
Yes, tarantula and so would I.
Except his Body Guards would remove us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Here are a few examples of PG's behaviour, straight from the horses' mouths - those who've been on the receiving end.

* walking into meetings and giving women present a lingering hug
The first time he would be warned to keep his hands to himself. The next time he would have had his face smacked and been reported to his superiors. Been there, done that.

* asking women in meetings if they were “naughty girls”, and if they “needed their bottoms slapped”
* creeping up behind women in corridors to make them jump, before caressing their shoulders to “reassure” them
He would have been told not to do it - subsequently been reported to his superiors.

* calling women “sweetheart”, “darling” or “love”, rather than by their names
This one is a bit ambiguous because it could be a regional thing - my friend's Geordie husband often calls me 'pet' or 'bonny lass' and I do not find it at all offensive. I doubt he could stop it if I asked because it is so natural in Geordie land - as, I am sure, 'love' 'ducks' and 'darling' are elsewhere. Admittedly, in a work lace situation it can sound a bit patronising and should be stopped - if possible.

* telling women they were overweight and should go on a diet.
He would be told to mind his manners and reported if he did not.

* flying into expletive-ridden rages abusing male and female staff in front of colleagues
Definitely not. I do not tolerate foul language from anyone. A consultant surgeon once used the 'f' word to me and was told - as I walked away - that the conversation would be continued when he regained his manners and apologised. He did.

One woman who asked Green to use her name in a meeting rather than “sweetheart” and “darling” was told to “shut the **** up”.
See above answer.

The source said they had witnessed an incident in which Green made a comment about a woman’s weight and said she “must be a lesbian because no man would marry her”, and another in which he asked an Asian woman if she had been eating too many samosas.

According to allegations in an unofficial biography published earlier this year, Green once said to a female buyer at one of his firms: “You’re absolutely ****ing useless. I should throw you out of the window, but you’re so fat you’d probably bounce back in again.”
Revolting man - he deserves whatever is thrown at him!

Should you just put up and shut up if you find yourself working for someone like this?
Definitely not.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes, tarantula and so would I.
Except his Body Guards would remove us.
Because of my connections, he would have soon realised he had really overstepped the mark it he had tried it on with me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:34 PM

Ok, let’s hoist the gallows up, put a rope around his neck and hang him.
This is no more than, trial by forum. The man hasn’t even been arrested, charged and found guilty yet.

I agree, he is a slimy little dwarf that did thousands of good people out of their pension but the trial by forum is not a nice thing to witness.
Imagine, if it were your son, your brother, nephew or father put on trial in this way. You are innocent until you are found guilty in a court of law and not by a forum lynch mob.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Because of my connections, he would have soon realised he had really overstepped the mark it he had tried it on with me.

What 'connections' are you talking about exactly?
Please explain.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What 'connections' are you talking about exactly?
Please explain.
The WI?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I agree, he is a slimy little dwarf that did thousands of good people out of their pension but the trial by forum is not a nice thing to witness.
What that's not enough?!!

I can cope with old school because those guys are usually well-mannered too
Green is just a dick of the highest order
He thinks he's untouchable

Pardon my French
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
What that's not enough?!!

I can cope with old school because those guys are usually well-mannered too
Green is just a dick of the highest order
He thinks he's untouchable

Pardon my French
Green est juste une bite du plus haut ordre
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:55 PM

So this post is not going to go down well

for those that say he would have got a smack or an earful if he had done it to them, are you really so sure?

Being here on this forum there cant be a huge age difference between us all, I started work in 78

I remember back in 1980 working for a huge company, meeting a junior manager on the stair case and he slipping his hand under my skirt

I remember also after having complained and naff all being done, meeting the retiring store manager taking the incoming manager around and upon meeting me, him saying "get rid, she's trouble"

I can also remember not being allowed to play in the pool compititions because I wasn't male

In my lifetime I have faced discrimination and harassment because of my sex

for the first 10 or so years, I as so many put up with it, it was part and parcel of the culture

Would we have given a "superior" a smack or an earful? No Because we had no protection or rights

Nowadays we have the law on our side and we can stand up and say NO. And now I would , without fail, and stand up for those not confident enough to stand for themselves

But as neive 16 year old, back in the day, it was the norm

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top